Honeywell Product Support/Test Engineer III in Kanata, Ontario
Product Support/Test Engineer III
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Product Support/Test Engineer III – Kanata, Ontario – HRD1826
The R&O Engineering position will perform an integral technical role. The position is part of the Product Support Engineering - Global Repair & Overhaul Engineering Organization, Avionics-Electronics (AvEl) group.
The position provides an individual with the opportunity to exercise their diverse technical and specific product knowledge to define, create and implement, rework and repair processes of Honeywell Products.
Repair and Overhaul Engineering Support [Primary responsibility]
• Drive to improve repair & test capability through the use of aftermarket engineering tools
• Liaison between Engineering Test Systems, Engineering Center of Excellence, and Service Centers to clarify requests for product modification, upgrades and repair of test equipment
• Identify the need for any standard repairs and process repair requests through Global Repair Management System (GRMS)
• Liaison with Service Center technicians to develop standard work for troubleshooting and test processes utilizing Engineering Special Instructions (ESI’s)
• Technical support of tooling, test equipment and documentation to effectively troubleshoot and perform repairs
• Identify failure trends and seek out Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) for use in new design, drawing changes or repair enhancement
• Identify critical repair initiatives that drive cost, quality & productivity – initiate and drive projects associated with initiatives
• Identify the need for equivalencies and identify possible alternatives
• Provide customer technical interface when necessary
• Effectively develop and utilize Emerging Region resources
Productivity and Cost Reduction
• Actively seek out and identify areas to standardize the repair and test procedures for maximum savings and effectiveness across Service Centers
• Provide on-going Make vs. Buy vs. Repair analysis
Planning and Project Management
• Manage coordination between site repair development engineering, site quality, test engineering, product engineering, product support engineering and FAA DER for substantiation and authorization of engineering documentation (example - software and hardware document changes, manual upgrades and non-standard repair development)
• Project manage repairs and projects using Global Repair Management System (GRMS)
• Organize and lead teams to identify and resolve productivity initiatives
• Support Gold Enterprise strategy deployment and execution
50 R&O Engr. Production Support
20 Product Repair Development
20 Technical Documentation
10 Failure & Trend Analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field
- Extensive experience in the Avionics/Electronics Industry
- Test engineering design or troubleshooting experience
- Experience with one or more of the following products/circuitry:o Electronic Flight Control Systemso Satellite Communication Antennaso RF (Radio-Frequency)o Lightingo Radios/Radaro Displayso Aircraft Information Management Systems
- Highly motivated, goal and results oriented with bias for action and disciplined execution
- Understanding of FAR 21 (OEM-Factory) and FAR 145 (Repair Station)
- Understanding of specific regulations DO-178, DO-254 and DO-160
- Understanding and compliance to export regulation and ITAR information
- Knowledge of Interchangeability and Configuration Management
- Awareness of product test requirements and limitation of test equipment to replicate aircraft
- Test Equipment Engineering
- Knowledge of Digital and Analog component systems
- Knowledge of FAA regulations & processes on avionics and related software
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Exempt Aerospace Overview | Products
- Job ID: HRD1826
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.