Honeywell Principal Systems Project Engineer in Kanata, Ontario
Principal Systems Project Engineer
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
The Retrofits Mods and Upgrades RMU COE within the ES team
of Honeywell Aerospace has an immediate need for a Staff Systems Project
Engineers. The RMU Staff Systems Project Engineer achieves the overall STC by
planning and execution of the engineering work on these projects, including
supporting the definition and review of technical work by subcontractors as
applicable. The project engineer and team will identify and implement any
updates or modifications, etc, needed for an installation of a product on a new
aircraft type. Engineering resources from the SBU E&T for S&C group
and/or external subcontractors will be used to perform these modifications, as
appropriate. The Staff Systems Project Engineer’s focus will be to work closely
with Channel Partners and customers to achieve the aircraft certification
thereby help field the products.
- Planning all aspects of engineering work scope working with the COE involved ifapplicable, define and get approval for QEs and finalize plans by creatingeffective MOS, MAT/EOC demand, IMS etc.
- Executing the project within budget
- Executing the project on schedule
- Providing a high quality product on time
- Coordinating with the appropriate business segment leaders and functionalleaders within the group and external organizations like the FAA, PMO, PP&Cto ensure proper budget, schedule and technical direction and realisticstaffing/budget estimates.
- Reporting on program metrics at Management Operating Review.
- Managing requirements, controlling scope, and executing baseline changemanagement
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Work throughout the RMU organization and across the ECOE and multiple sites(both domestic and global).
- Work with ESEA, Advanced Technology, and MPM organizations for coordination ofinitiatives and roadmaps
- Work the development of common system development processes to improve organizationaleffectiveness.
- Work with and participate on industry teams, councils, and user groups.
- Demonstrate flexibility to coordinate/communicate with global team members,including support outside of core hours.
- Excellent Leadership and management skills
Good communication skills (written/presentation)
20 Project planning
20 Leading a technical team
20 Coordinate Customer Management
20 Reporting on program metrics
20 Internal coordination with business leaders
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering,Computer Science or Computer Engineering or 10 years of directly relatedexperience in lieu of
- Extensive experience with systems development
- Previous program or project leadership experience.
- Strong team building, coaching and communication skills to lead and motivateteam in achieving team and individual goals. Applicant should be highlymotivated, with demonstrated leadership, program management, and communicationskills and an ability to influence technical decisions.
- Strong technical skills with an emphasis in the areas of integrated systemsdevelopment, DO-178B development processes, systems aspects of certification.
- Able to work in fast paced, dynamic team oriented environment, able to identifyand manage risks and opportunities with demonstrated capability to managemultiple projects/initiatives simultaneously. Possess excellent customerinterface skills with the ability to work directly with technical andnon-technical personnel.
- Technical foresight to assist and contribute to strategic initiatives
- Able to work in a loosely defined environmentwith limited direction
- Able to negotiate and create Master schedules with the different engineeringdepartments.
- Able to analyze Risks and Opportunities at the program level and mitigate orescalate.
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Job ID: HRD3624
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.