Honeywell Project Management Leader in Kanata, Canada
Honeywell has an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Leader to be based from our office in Kanata. * As a senior manager within the district the Project Management Leader will: * Ensures delivery of installation projects within budgets, on-schedule and to the customers satisfaction by ensuring the fulfillment of contractual obligation using the most technically appropriate and cost-effective installation and engineering techniques. * Oversee a project management team (project managers, technical staff and administration) and financial results * Ensure team compliance to customer expectations and technical specifications * Primary liaison with Sales force and partner with sales in the growth of the business. * Local delivery process leader. Assists the Delivery Leader in continuously improving the * Interact with customers senior team * Delivery processes by providing input and implementation of process changes. * Accountable for implementation, inspection and metrics of Delivery processes for the region. * Oversight of comprehensive installation plan including sequencing of tasks, staff planning, and working effectively with customers, sales, engineering, and subcontractors. * Ensures project deadlines, contract requirements, engineering specs and code requirements are met. * Work with financial team to develop estimates and monitor results * Ensures the availability of cost effective and technically competent sub-contractors by negotiating agreements, establishing schedules, and monitoring subcontractor performance. * Contributes to the profitability of the project by supporting the selling of extra work orders or other project adds, minimizing deviation, and providing technical assistance to sales. * Oversight of plans, forecasts and monitors labor, equipment, installation and subcontract costs. * Selects and develops PM staff. Ensures personnel are trained, evaluated, compensated and managed consistent with ACS policies and standards. * Continuous strives to increase productivity associated with project management and installation. * Assists in collection of accounts receivable by ensuring and managing the customer acceptance process. * Ensures safe working environment and work practices and in place and enforced. * Provides on-going project reporting.
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent technical experience required
- 5 years project management leadership experience with a background managing large, technically complex projects.
- Engineering expertise in building automation (HVAC, security, fire, and/or life safety) and mechanical systems
- Strong financial acumen
- Oversight of a team of project managers delivering complex and technical projects in commercial building construction
- Expertise in communicating and implementing process
- Strong process/systems orientation with focus on, speed, cost, quality and customer value creation, and results.
- Cognitive skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as ability to provide sound and reliable judgment in complex situations.
- Implementation skills, with ability to operate tactically and operationally.
- Flexibility and resilience, including ability to adapt to changing/uncertain conditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Effective communication skills.
Clickhereto learn more about Honeywell Building Solutions business.
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out ourOne Honeywell Culturevideo on the Honeywell YouTube Channel.
Is this job not an exact match to what you were looking for? Join Honeywell'sTalent Networkto receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more.
/ / /As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce/
Job: *Customer/Product Support
Title: Project Management Leader
Requisition ID: 00355325