Honeywell Sr. Manager Engineering in Independence, Ohio
Sr. Manager EngineeringNovar, a division of Honeywell International, is in need of a strong leader who will enjoy the challenge of working with customer-focused teams, and improve its practices to improve delivery efficiency.
The Application Development Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise the activities related to the design, development, and implementation of Novar’s HVAC, Lighting and Refrigeration building automation platform. The position will also be responsible for the development of standard tools and procedures used in the installation, commissioning, and documentation of building automation controls projects. Enterprise system support, configuration, remote system management and product knowledge expertise to support existing customers is also large function of this role. This position will require in-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure as it relates to installation and configuration of building controls networks. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of information and software systems.
• Builds a climate that motivates team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed services. Promotes best practice sharing.
• Reviews performance information in an accurate and timely fashion, working with other management
• Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career development of the engineering team. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports. Salary administration, career planning, employee development, training, and recognition processes for the department.
• Assists VP of Operations with technical direction and consistency among the delivery organizations.
• Interface with other departments (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, R&D) to provide customer needs and resolve issues.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to the engineering team within the Customer Delivery Teams. Assisting in the implementation of complex control strategies, energy conservation measures, Opus Supervisor software deployments as well as enterprise systems support and product knowledge expertise.
• Ensure that engineering design, development and quality procedures are followed. Working with the Director, Customer Engagement to ensure standards are being implemented and adjusted as the business requirements change.
• Maintain and manage engineering tools to provide high quality output.
• Ensure continuous improvement through identifying, collecting, and reporting key process and results metrics.
• Acts as the bridge between product development/marketing and operations.
• Up to 25% travel.
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business
• 10 or more years experience in the controls and energy industry, with at least 5 years of experience in the retail controls industry, specifically in controls project delivery, energy engineering management, and technical support.
• 10 or more years experience in a leadership position, with staffing and performance management responsibilities required.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification (or equivalent) recommended
• PE a plus
• Recognized professionalism in customer relations is a must.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Strong analytical and financial skills required.
- Job ID: 00356798
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Independence, OH USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.