Honeywell Senior Principal Engineer, Automation and Control Systems in Houston, Texas
Honeywell Process Solutions has a new opportunity for a Senior Principal Engineer, Automation and Control Systemsto support HPS Projects Automation Group in Houston, TX.
Honeywell ProcessSolutionsis a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals and mining industries. HPS offers technologies that extend information and knowledge from the plant floor to the board room and comprehensive lifecycle services that help ensure more productive and stable operations. HPS is part of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group.
The successful candidate will support Operator Effectiveness consultancies based on key ASM Consortium research. He or she will participate in consultancies, train others to participate and lead consultancy efforts, and manage a team of consultants.
Senior Engineer/Manager who can play multiple roles:
1) Senior Consultant in various Operator Effectiveness Consultancies who can assist with major sales pursuits, gain upsell on existing FEED and projects, and promote Honeywell's best practices learned from the ASM Consortium;
2) Program Manager who can manage teams of consultants, arrange work, and follow up with sales and project leaders to assign correct people to projects.
3) Team member who assists sales with major pursuits, identifies customer CTQ’s, and assists estimating
- BS in Engineering
- 10 years’ experience with control systems, process and business performance software, field instrumentation, and automation applications.* *
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experienced Consultant with demonstrated expertise in one or more of HMI, Alarm Management, Procedures, Control Room Design, General Process Control, Process Operations, etc.
- Experienced Manager with record of building strong teams
- Capable multi-discipline thinker able to work across LOBs to arrange teams.
- Background in Process Engineering, Plant Operations, Plant Optimization, and Process Safety
- Past experience in conceptual design of control rooms
- Experience in one or more of the following Process Industries: Petroleum production, Petroleum Refining, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Pipeline Operations, Basic and Specialty Chemicals, Pulp and Paper Production, Pharmaceutical production, Mining / Minerals, or Power generation.
- Product Knowledge:/ /Experion Distributed Control Systems (DCS), DynAMo Alarm Management, Reliability (Asset Sentinel), Procedure Evaluation and Automation, Operator Training Systems and Competency, Perimeter and Cyber Security, Performance Tracking and Management
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team leadership, facilitation and training skills.
Title: Senior Principal Engineer, Automation and Control Systems
Requisition ID: 00353221