Honeywell Hardware Engineer III in Greer, South Carolina
Hardware Engineer III
Hardware Engineer III
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Duties to include:
- Support Repair and Overhaul of Turbine Engine Component Hardware. Responsible for Technical Engineering Support of Repair Cell process work.
- Support of Special Processes used for Repair and Overhaul of Turbine Engine Component Hardware including: Thermal Spray (Flame, Plasma, Wire Arc, HVOF), Ceramic Coatings: Removal and Recoat (Aluminide, Platinum Aluminide, Electron Beam, Patchcoat Spray), Clean Line, Heat Treatment, Braze.
- Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of assigned manufacturing/special processes including routers, control plans, tooling & fixtures, training programs and inspection plans. Disposition parts with process defects that require rework.
- Repair Development Engineering: Introduction of new and/or improved repairs/processes into the production facility, including the introduction of state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure that assigned processes meet the safety, quality, productivity and delivery metrics.
- Work closely with Customers, Suppliers and Operations to ensure meeting customer and business objectives utilizing project management tools.
- Perform activities associated with supporting HOS and LEAN improvement initiatives to drive continuous improvement to the assigned processes safety, quality, cost, and cycle time performance metrics. This includes maintaining standard work, attendance at Tier meetings, RPS, RCCA, TPM, and BIQ.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable customer and regulatory standards including FAA, ISO, and NADCAP/NUCAP for assigned process areas.
- File invention disclosures through WIDS system
- BS degree in Engineering.
5+ Years Experience with Special Processes such as: Thermal Spray, Ceramic Coatings, Laser Welding/Cladding, Heat Treat, Braze, Welding, Machining. Additional Qualifications:
Strong technical, engineering, and communication skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated, goal-oriented and customer focused team player that possesses a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to interpret complex customer and industry technical requirements and develop shop floor documents for a seamless transition to a high quality robust production process.
- Job ID: 00353445
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Greer, SC USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.