Honeywell Software Development Manager in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Software Development Manager
The Software Development Manager, Customer Development is responsible for managing and coordinating one or more agile scrum teams to deliver high-quality software solutions. The primary focus of this position is on performing technical development and support for specific customer implementation projects, with potential opportunity for some base product development as well.
- Leads team to deliver high-quality, on-time software solutions using the established methodologies and approaches
- Accountable for management of the technical aspects of multiple concurrent projects, aligning team to meet schedule and fulfill commitments; works closely with professional services to recalibrate prioritization based on field needs
- Collaborates with customers, professional services, and product management to ensure clearly defined user requirements, product definition, and acceptance criteria
- Works with colleagues in professional services to provide support to customer projects and to services team members
- Collaborates with other development managers to create and enforce best practices in development process and technical approaches; champions continuous improvement within and across teams
- Conducts project-related customizations and extensions outside of the base product to ensure a go-forward upgrade path for the customer
- Provides senior level technical guidance and agile/scrum mentorship
- Proactively monitors and identifies metrics that can effectively report the overall health of projects and systems to mitigate risk and resolve issues before they are experienced by other groups/clients
- Establishes goals and prioritizes work assignments of direct reports
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to achieve their optimum performance levels and long-term career aspirations
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering and equivalent experience is required; Master’s Degree in Software Engineering is a plus
- At least five years of Software Engineering experience showing progressive increase in responsibility to include team leadership
- Experience in the supplychain / warehousemanagement domain is very favorable
- Experience building enterprise-level Java-based software solutions
- Working knowledge of software development and testing methodologies, specifically experience in an agile/scrum environment
- Excellentproblem solvingskills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Stronginter-personal, communication, and collaborations skills
- Job ID: 00358213
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.