Honeywell Java Software Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
* JOIN OUR TEAM AND… *
Be the agent of change and a catalyst that is transforming a fortune 100 industrial company into a connected, digital, software industrial leader.
Work collaboratively with like-minded, innovative and passionate people and together bring ideas from inception through to market launch.
Have endless opportunities to progress your career as you develop new offerings that impact a wide range of industries, improve the quality of life, and truly change the world.
The Software Engineer creates enterprise software solutions in the warehouse execution space by analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Java-based components in a timely manner. The Software Engineer will performbase-linetesting of all components, analyze results, document and track issues in our toolkit and work to deliver quality products to our customers. The software engineer will interact with management to understand and clarify requirements.
- Builds highly-performant, high-quality software that meets design specifications
- Participates in the development and preparation of design specifications and code reviews
- Demonstrable abilities as a team player with good communication skills
- Maintains and improves quality results by following architectural, coding, and process standards
- Follows a scrum agile development process, including analyzing and testing software to ensure solutions meet standards and end user requirements
- Understands the functions/operational concepts of the software product being developed, and the concepts of warehouse execution and warehouse control systems in general.
- Works with the R&D team leadership and implementation team leadership to meet delivery deadlines as well as maintain/support of existing applications
- Provides implementation support as needed
- Documents modifications and changes to the system
- Recommends improved policies and procedures
- Proposes software configuration/modification to adapt to business change requirements
- Recognizes and proposes core software improvements
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
* MUST HAVE *
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1 year of Java work experience is required; experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks preferred
* WE VALUE: *
- Experience building REST interfaces preferred
- Experience in Windows Server or Linux operating systems required
- Experience in Oracle or SQL Server database systems is required
- Experience in an agile development process, preferably scrum, is preferred
- Demonstrated experience using problem-solving, investigative and troubleshooting skills
- Job ID: 00358211
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.