Honeywell Sr. Research Engineer - 3D Computer Vision in Golden Valley, Minnesota
Sr. Research Engineer - 3D Computer Vision
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist/Engineer IV to contribute to new and ongoing research projects at Honeywell’s Golden Valley, MN office. We are also open to additional Honeywell locations within the USA such as: Broomfield, CO, Herndon, VA, Atlanta, GA & Phoenix, AZ. You will collaborate with both external and Honeywell-internal customers to define and meet objectives spanning a wide range from early research to all the way through product release. As an individual contributor to ongoing projects, you will complement existing team members having backgrounds in computer vision, image processing, and
In Honeywell’s Advanced Connected Sustainability Technologies (ACST) division, we have research groups covering a wide range of technologies, sponsored by internal and external customers for commercial and government applications, respectively. In the areas of imaging and vision, example projects include:
• Image- and video-based forensics using blur and noise as cues to tampering
• 3D cameras and image-based metrology
• Computational imaging for recognition problems (barcode scanning, biometrics, etc.)
Contribute to new ongoing research projects in 3D computer vision, image processing, and computational imaging via rapid algorithm prototyping and evaluation.
Prototype demonstrations of new applications of computer vision, image processing, and 3D imaging, involving both hardware and software components.
Develop, document, and transfer to Honeywell businesses technology that enables new product and service offerings.
Travel up to 10% as needed.
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or other equivalent field
• 3+ years’ experience (including graduate studies) with rapid software prototyping (Matlab, Python, etc.) and/or production software (C, C++, etc.)
• 3+ years’ experience (including graduate studies) with computer vision, image processing, or computational imaging
• Completion of a PhD or anticipation of completing one within 6 months
• Experience in 3D computer vision, e.g. stereo camera calibration, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), change detection
• Experience using 3D processing libraries and platforms, e.g. Point Cloud Library, OpenNI, Tango
• Peer-reviewed external publications in vision conferences and/or proposal-writing experience
• Experience with deep learning libraries for vision, e.g. Caffe
• Ability to communicate results and present to a broad audience, from peer researchers to external funding agencies
• U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
• DoD Secret Clearance or have previously held security clearance
- Job ID: HRD3760
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: ., Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.