Honeywell R&D Engineer/Machinist in Golden Valley, Minnesota
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We are looking for enthusiastic Research Engineer/Machinist) who can work effectively as part of a technical R&D team to design and machine devices needed to address challenges driven by operational needs.
As part of the Advanced Technology R&D Team, this person will work in direct support of our operations against issues of critical importance to our business units. The engineer/machinist will be responsible for assisting in design, design evaluation, prototype machining, and prototype assembling all forms of complex mechanical devices, working from initial prototype to final deliverable product.
This position provides individuals with an excellent opportunity to develop their design skills and further advance their mechanical hands-on skills while being directly involved with current, high priority projects. We have opportunities that cover the full spectrum of experience within this important technical specialty with potential areas of growth int the following:CAD design and analysis (Creo Parametric, formerly Pro/E), Multi-axis milling, 3D printing/additive manufacturing, machining scientific alloys (Invar, Mu Metal, copper tungsten), sheet metal fabrication, welding and brazing processes (mig, tig, spot and arc), wood working, and carbon fiber and fiberglass layup.
40 Research and Development
20 Create new methods, techniques, and processes
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, machining or related field from an established technical institute or college. In lieu of technical degree, significant years of R&D prototype machining experience is required
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Some experience in machining, including some experience in R&D
- Ability to work safely
- Proficiency with manual lathe and mill; Understanding and application of machining fundamentals
- CNC programming and set-up experience (Mastercam, Haas, Okuma, Milltronics)
- Working knowledge of metals and other materials and their characteristics
- Ability to think analytically and logically in troubleshooting technical problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to effectively communicate with customers orally and in writing
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD6035
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: ., Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.