Honeywell Product Marketing Manager in Golden Valley, Minnesota
Product Marketing Manager
The Field Devices Product Marketing Manager will lead new
product development activity working collaboratively with other global and
regional product managers, sales, engineering, customer marketing, marcomm, and
external customers. This position support the development and execution of NPI
roadmap, associated performance for first year post launch and portfolio
management of Building Automation System.
Strategy & Planning
– Integrate inputs to develop distinctive product plans with
outstanding financial outcomes; be competent in microeconomics, finance, VOC,
research and analysis and basic marketing toolkit (market definition and
sizing, segmentation, value management, targeting and positioning, pricing)
– Promote strong market orientation and influence strategy
formulation and investment decisions
– Supports the product planning and roadmap execution process
including new product additions working with technology, R&D, Engineering,
Sales, Service and E&ES stakeholders; sun-set current products; develop and
support product roadmaps linked to segment’s, customer needs and willingness to
pay; product positioning linked to distinctive understanding of competitive
offerings and value; product value pricing.
Value Management/Value Pricing:
– Support the development of VOC; understand segmentation;
understand value elements critical to customers; calculate value equations;
target value propositions to customer segments
– Some experience applying value pricing toolkit; Promote use
of value pricing
– Develop dynamic pricing strategies based on value delivered
relative to customer’s next best alternative.
– Drive value pricing discipline in the business; Drives tool
development and learning
– Lead implementation of value pricing; Lead change
management around pricing management; Drive significant financial results &
lead and develop other pricing leaders
– Understand transactional pricing tool kit and analytical
techniques; Understand pricing waterfall tool; execute waterfall analysis and
drive to actions with financial results.
– Strong fundamental understanding and ability to apply
transactional pricing toolkit to drive to actions; Strong demonstrated ability
to implement transactional pricing recommendations
– Demonstrate ability to implement transactional pricing with
positive results; Drive strong financial results
Customer Relationship Management
– Link between technology/product lines and customers.
Ability to communicate the value of the offering in customer centric terms to
cause customer to choose Honeywell offerings based on value delivered
– Strong VOC skill set and ability… meaningful VOC driven to
– Strong knowledge of how to drive value propositions into
compelling customer pitches that result in customer orders
Products and Services Management
– Classic product/services management. Understand and manage
product/services life cycles, profitability, demand planning, new
product/services development ideation and process management, competitive
– Promote organization-wide innovation and cooperation in the
development of new products and services
– Direct and maintain competitive product/service portfolios
that deliver more value than next best alternative.
Model and lead innovation.
– Ability to demonstrate and learn about innovating
profitable business models and leading change as required; has strong skills to
lead other product managers
– Use structured processes to manage financial results… MOR,
Brand and Channel Management
– Assist or contribute to the creation and building of
brands; Assist in the brand management; Manage competitive brands
– Consistently works with Marcom to effectively promote and
– Excellent job of managing channels with positive results
– Clearly demonstrate support for the channel with real
programs and value delivered to channel members
Program & Project Management
– Establish/maintain a project management framework in line
with strategic objectives; Direct and control the delivery of programs and
– Establish and promote the use of metrics to improve program
effectiveness; Use structured processes to manage programs/projects
The successful candidate will be expected to be a
high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership
skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a
commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful
candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of
strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. The
candidates must be able to balance theoretical thought with practical.
Successful candidate will have strong influence skills and will have proven
they can lead and drive results within a cross-functional team.
– Strategic Marketing Skills: Deep understanding and
experience with the ability to practically apply, as well as coach others to do
so. Must link strategies to financial results
– Leadership: A confident person with the ability to connect
and inspire others. A proven track record of leading projects and teams that
successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables
– Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to
take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
– Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver.
Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
– Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A conceptualizer
of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking
into marketing and business strategies. Decisive and logical at thoroughly
evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project management skills
– Communication: Outstanding skills in the creation of clear,
concise, and customer-focused materials to convey the message to the
marketplace. This includes excellent written and verbal communication as well
as proven PowerPoint skills and familiarity with branding / visual design
– Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and
builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team
members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and
resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact
successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force
20 Strategy and Planning
40 New Product Introduction
20 Product Lifecycle Mgt.
– Bachelor degree (Engineering/Science is preferred) or 6+
years of relevant work experience
– Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of business
management, new product introduction, Engineering, Product/Strategic Market
– Experience with Building Automation highly desirable
– An MBA is highly desirable
– Experience interacting at the executive leadership level
both internally and within customer organizations a plus
– Possess proven marketing, strategic, analytical and
– Excellent conceptualization and communication skills with a
proven ability to simply articulate and convey a complex message
– Ability to develop and execute project plans and risk
mitigation activities in support on NPI velocity for assigned product lines
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt
- Job ID: HRD1948
- Category: Marketing
- Location: ., Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.