Honeywell Mechanical Service Technician, Bronx, NY in Fresh Meadows, New York
Mechanical Service Technician, Bronx, NY
Intelligrated now part of Honeywell, is currently looking to hire a Mechanical Service Technician (MST) in the Bronx, NY area.
The Mechanical Service Technician (MST) support in the field by providing mechanical related maintenance functions per the local contracts. They are critical to the smooth operation of our customers' distribution centers and will be required to perform repair, preventative maintenance, and assist with the troubleshooting of our customers various material handling systems. The MST will report to and be supervised by the resident Maintenance Program Supervisor, Customer Service Technician (CST).
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the maintenance and repair of equipment
- Responsible for effective and thorough communication with (or to) individuals or groups and with the customer verbally and/or in writing regarding maintenance or repair information
- Assist on completing work orders, records, logs and other written and/or computer based documents according to established procedures
- Assist with cleaning, maintaining, and troubleshooting basic problems with the material handling equipment
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment as required
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g. pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, conveyors, sorters, palletizers, robotics, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, basic electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to established procedures
- Follow up with customers and other departments to ensure issues have been resolved
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
30 Maintenance and repair of equipment
50 Preventive maintenance
10 Perform troubleshooting
10 Perform troubleshooting
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 1-3 yrs. Mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience required
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Shift work may be required.
- Material handling experience in Conveyor, sortation, palletizers, and robotics is a plus.
- Electrical Troubleshooting experience a plusControls Troubleshooting experience a plus
- Job ID: HRD5221
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: ., Fresh Meadows, NY 11365 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.