Honeywell Buyer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
Why would you want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team on site in Edinburgh as a buyer within our direct buying team. We are looking for bright individuals who have previous experience of working within a buying or procurement environment within the electrical or mechanical sector. This is an exciting opportunity to work within an organization where no 2 days are the same with a great opportunity for job satisfaction.
What will you be doing every day?
• Direct buying
• Following the daily req report to understand what purchasing is required
• Placing orders within an appropriate timeline
• Cross functional interaction will be required
• Buying within the correct timeline to facilitate the production timeline
• Negotiating with suppliers
What skills and requirements do you need?
• Previous and proven procurement experience
• Knowledge, and experience of a mechanical/electrical/aero background
• Strong influencing skills
• SAP knowledge would be highly advantageous
• You must be a strong team player
• You will need to be motivated to achieve
20 Placing Critical Orders
Exempt Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD3410
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Edinburgh, CEB EH28 8LP GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.