Honeywell Sr Estimator in Duluth, Georgia
The function of the Sr. Estimator is to support the sales function in the HPS organization by developing accurate, timely and professional estimates. You will analyze the sales estimates to the customer requirements and provide guidance on factors to be used for competitive estimating. You will provide accurate and timely estimates which include scope, material, and labor effort by skilled discipline. You will develop cost effective estimates and identify explicit proposal inclusions to be prepared within required timelines. You will seek new and creative solutions for addressing customer needs.
Strategically support the organization by developing timely professional estimates
Drive right and fast cost effective estimates
Drive continuous improvement and lead change in a premiere Sales organization
* Goals *
· Prepare and create responses to customer’s requests for Cyber security proposals, estimates and information as directed by sales and operations teams.
· Deliver Proposals of the highest quality possible and continually seek out ways to improve the way we serve our customers.
· Leverage systems and tools to accurately maintain estimates, proposals, requests, responses and supporting documentation.
· Deliver proposals and estimates on time.
* Key Deliverables *
· Proposals and estimates are captured within Siebel, as per the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Complete cost estimates and proposals within the required time.
• Accurate portrayal of costs in the form of cost estimates.
• Propose technical and / or commercial alternatives that enable the lowest compliant bid while providing the highest value to the customer.
* Responsibilities *
• Adhere to the P&E Standard Operating Procedures.
• Study RFQ and other documents / drawings supplied by customer and propose a solution which fits technical & commercial requirements.
• Estimate Cyber security equipment and services using the relevant tools.
• Working with Sourcing, Evaluate the Technical and Commercial Offers received from Third Party Vendors and Honeywell Business Units.
• Create and submit the e-GAP.
• Prepare booking package as per the P&E SOPs when project is awarded.
• Continuously develop knowledge of new product/releases of Honeywell portfolio
* Skills *
• Relates to and understands the client’s requirements.
• Microsoft Office tools and other business applications knowledge.
• Technically minded and an integrative thinker. Able to propose alternative solutions, inside and outside the Honeywell scope of supply.
• Should be able to work with others in a team environment. A true team player.
• Self-motivated with good communication skills.
* Knowledge *
· An Engineering or Computer Science Degree.
· Knowledge of Honeywell portfolio.
· Basic knowledge of Firewall devices (i.e. Juniper, Cisco)
· Knowledge of general TCP/IP Networking
· Basic knowledge of Enterprise Security Management Tools
· Basic knowledge of Endpoint Security Products (i.e. McAfee products)
25 Develop Estimates
25 Identify Proposal Inclusions
25 Create Alternate Solutions
25 Build relationships between internal customers
* YOU MUST HAVE *
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. Some experience in the field.
* WE VALUE *
- Excellent team and communication skills
- An ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel
- Ability to meet and improve delivered financial results from implemented estimates
- Six Sigma experience, Green Belt certification a strong plus
- Job ID: HRD878
- Location: ., Duluth, GA 30097 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.