Honeywell Corporate and External Affairs Manager - Iran in Dubai, Iran
Corporate and External Affairs Manager - Iran
The EMEA Government Relations team seeks a flexible,self-motivated, creative and disciplined individual to join our group asGovernment Relations Manager for Iran. As a member of the team, you wouldregularly interact with senior level leaders of Honeywell, gain significantknowledge of all aspects of Honeywell's many businesses and participate onnumerous cross functional teams. An understanding of and experience withgovernment entities are desirable. A strong work ethic and willingness totravel are required. We anticipate that the successful candidate will belocated in Tehran, Iran and will work with all of our businesses
- Act as liaison for Honeywell with Governments across Iran in on key issues relevant to Honeywell
- Manage subset of issues and process for Honeywell business unit(s), products, and/or company-wide issues
Actively participate to influence the legislative process and educate regulators on issues and strategies important to Honeywell. For example
Build strong knowledge of key bodies and individuals responsible for shaping legislation in key business interest areas for Honeywell.
- Lobby support for positive changes in legislation.
Understand likely impact of future legislation and pro-actively work to influence a favorable position for Honeywell .
Partner with businesses and our High Growth Regions team to develop government relations strategies related to specific product initiatives and/or business imperatives
Work closely with business leaders and HGR teams to understand medium and long term strategies and imperatives related to the Strategic Action Planning process and outputs.
Ensure the same teams are aware of impending changes in legislation and or government incentive schemes which impact the business plans.
Serve as subject matter expert on legislation and the impact on Honeywell and our products
Put in place a clear process by which business leaders and strategy teams can be regularly updated on relevant changes and solicit feedback on planned approach to respond to these changes.
Work with cross-functional team of attorneys, business leaders, customers, and other government relations teams members to develop creative solutions that incorporate government relations into business problem solving
Play a key role in supporting the businesses in evaluating the most advantageous locations to establish local presence in the region:
Build strong awareness of and evaluate government incentive programs in key countries in the region.
- Review benefits of existing investments against proposed or likely changes to ensure that further investments are well informed.
Create keen awareness of the pros and cons of different incentive plans .
Create and execute opportunities for Honeywell's senior leaders to interact with key governmental officials
Manage and participate in relationships with consulting firms and associations in order to extend the reach and impact of the government relations function.
Relevant experience with government, corporation and/or consulting focused on the Iranian government relations would be an advantage or strong business experience
- Broad understanding of rule-making and legislative process at national levels and ability to identify and engage key decision makers within the governments.
- Strong intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence.
- Personal presence, communication skills and credibility necessary to effectively interact with and influence enterprise management, as well as work with a diverse group of highly motivated professionals.
- Integrity and good judgment are extremely important.
- Ability to set priorities, and the discipline to execute to those priorities.
- Demonstrable record of providing clients with advice that blends government relations experience, expert legislative knowledge and an understanding of, and appreciation for, a client's business objectives.
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player with a proactive approach in managing and seeking to continuously improve the function.
- Track record of operating in complex matrixed environments.
- Experience of working across functions and delivering results based on harnessing the power of virtual teams and resources.
- Ability to work through complex issues to quickly identify most vital priority and focus areas.
- Strong and sophisticated influencing skills with track record of operating at executive level in current or previous role.
- Experience of working with complex organizations to map out key decision makers / stakeholders.
- Strong communications skills:
- Quickly adapts to audience.
- Highly articulate.
- Strong listening skills and presentation skills.
- Required Languages: Farsi Fluent / English Intermediate
- Educated to Degree level or relevant experience.
This role does require traveling up to 25-35% of the time
***Please note that a U.S person (U.S citizen or U.S Green card Holder) cannot perform this role under US Law.
- Job ID: 00348069
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Dubai, DBA IRN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.