Honeywell Senior Service Engineer in Doha, Qatar
The Process Control Domain OT Security virtualization maintenance engineer is a new role in the PCD OT Security team has direct responsibility for the software and hardware support and maintenance of the virtualization infrastructure Process Control Domain (PCD).
The person will make proactivity support the PCD OT virtual infrastructure both hardware and software.
Compliance to the Companies code of conduct, Procedures and Permit to work are mandatory requirements.
The PCD OT Security virtualization maintenance engineer is responsible for performing a wide-range of activities:
- Deploy Secure: Designing, developing and deploying resilient PCD OT Security architectures and system configurations.
- Run Secure: Supporting and maintaining the PCD OT security landscape in an operational facility.
- Think Secure: Ensuring adequate PCD OT security awareness and competency training for all relevant stakeholders
Responsibilities: * Key focal point for maintenance and support for the thin clients, blade infrastructure and virtual infrastructure. * Maintain PCD OT equipment reliability and availability to assure plant production. * The Incumbent is responsible for all OT and PCD security related aspects of the PCD comprising of major systems including DCS, IPS/FGS, QMI, Electrical and Sub-Systems This will include 1st & 2nd line maintenance, Maintenance Strategies and Support Services with dimensions comparable to those in a large size refinery. * Support all infrastructure components in the PCD (Network, Windows, Thin clients, Blade infrastructure, VMWare). * Review PCD OT Security aspects of all data communication channels and technology selections for data transfers between systems in the PCN and systems in other networks. * Ensure that the necessary asset registers containing information on all systems, network components and applications in the PCD have been produced and maintained, including all required configuration details. * Assure that all systems equipment and network components have appropriate backup/restore arrangements and related disaster recovery capabilities. * Assure stringent access control management for all PCD OT systems and arrange as appropriate with the various stakeholders to ensure competence management of all authorised users. * Monitor servers, networks and communication equipment for any security alert using implemented tools, systems and applications. * Monitor and execute user access control and user profile management for servers and networks based on documented business approval. * Review security logs and provide reports for identifying potential intrusion into systems and networks, and escalate potential incidents as necessary, and to ensure the incident is properly investigate, remediated, reviewed and closed. * Manage antivirus solutions to ensure all PCD nodes receive effective and up-to-date endpoint protection. * Perform security updates of operating systems based on recommended frequency. * Manage passwords for the applications and systems in the PCD. * Regularly verify that only authorised users have access to relevant systems and applications. * Ensure users who leave the company, change their internal positions, or no longer have business needs for access immediately have their access rights revoked * Evaluate and document the need for back-ups (frequency, type of copy [e.g., full, partial, incremental, milestone], type of storage media [e.g., tape, hard disk, DVD, CD, floppy disk], retention period, encryption needs and number of copies) based on the documented criticality of the system. * Participate in the planning of upgrades and installations of new versions of OT security hardware and software. * Ensure that the implemented security controls and countermeasures work as intended. * Follow up on unsolved problems/error messages with the developer/supplier. * Verify that requirements for information security have been met before any new system is put into production. * Document deviations from the required information security measures. * Report PCD OT Security events and incidents. * Handle of PCD OT Security incidents. * Actively drive obsolescence in the OT landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Telecoms or OT-related field.
- A minimum of 7 years equivalent field/industry experience.
- Proven certification and experience with VMWare maintenance and support.
- Proven experience with hardware blade infrastructure maintenance and support
- Proven experience or certification in server/desktop infrastructure deployment and maintenance.
- Proven experience or certification on networks including firewalls, routers and switches or hosting/storage infrastructure design and implementation for production systems (CCNA).
- Skilled in virtual hosting design and deployment.
- Proven experience in network and hosting/storage infrastructure design and implementation.
- Experience in Asset Inventory management systems, Intrusion Detection systems, backup systems, Disaster Recovery Services is highly desired.
- Ability to focus on customer requirements
- Self-driven and energetic with willingness to learn new skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in Microsoft server operating system.
- Special Skills:
- Awareness of IEC 62443-2-4 standards and its implementation in the PCD.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Secure Site and associated services like anti-virus updates, WSUS Patching Service and Shell IT services.
- Familiarity with the Management of Change (MOC) process for Production Operations and ability to get work done by influencing Production Operations staff.
- Ability to document and describe typical and Shell-specific IACSs, PCD networks, infrastructure and data/communications.
- Expert level understanding of virtualization infrastructure
- Expert level of Blade hardware infrastructure.
- A strong understanding of Shell’s industrial/OT security standards (DEPs, OneITCF)
- A strong understanding of international industrial cyber security standards and ecosystem.
Clickhereto learn more about Honeywell Performance Materials & Technology’s business.
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out ourOne Honeywell Culturevideo on the Honeywell YouTube Channel.
Is this job not an exact match to what you were looking for? JoinHoneywell's Talent Networkto receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. For more information, please visit ourcareer site.
Title: Senior Service Engineer
Requisition ID: 00355042