Honeywell Senior Account Manager in Didsbury, United Kingdom
Senior Account Manager
Why choose Honeywell?
At Honeywell, we are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient and more innovative and productive.
Honeywell creates solutions linked to global macro-trends that improve quality of life for people around the globe — generating clean, healthy energy, and using it more efficiently; increasing our safety and security; enabling people to connect, communicate, and collaborate; and equipping our customers to be even more productive.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’s lives better every day. Chances are that there are Honeywell products all around you right now.
A career at Honeywell offers infinite possibilities within a diversified, global organization that is helping to help solve the world’s toughest challenges and improving quality of life for people globally. We invite you in our quest.
Why you would want this role?
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly-talented Account Manager to join our dynamic, multi-national sales team who are based across the EMEA region in key strategic locations. This role sits in our Performance Materials and Technologies Division, and will specifically relate to our reputable Oil Terminals business. This team drives an established, high revenue business across the UK & Ireland region, partnering with multi-national businesses and accounts. Your role will be one of account management and business development, which will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to drive a significant growth in revenue, and to build lasting relationships and a strong sales network in an exciting and niche industry. In this role, you will cover a large geographical patch covering the UK & Ireland, and you will be expected to drive growth in each country that is highlighted as a growth region.
- Visit existing and potential customers according to agreed visit target levels.
- Manage sales opportunities by generating and following leads.
- Successfully manage and deliver against individual and team sales targets with specified area of responsibility (e.g. region, key accounts).
- Grow existing business in the Oil Terminals Data Measurement segment
- Monitor and take action to close gaps against sales targets, and update forecast as required.
- Understand customer’s business, their needs and goals and identify potential new business.
- Identify market and competitor activity, product and industry developments and feedback this information to management and other relevant functions (e.g. Marketing or Sales Development).
- Use market intelligence to open up new channels of sales.
- Identify, build relationship with appropriate decision makers within Customers and manage sales.
- Provide performance reports and metrics and other data as required to customers and internally.
- Identify general areas for improvements to maximize customer satisfaction & efficiencies, streamline processes, increase sales, improve delivery and product availability etc.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues across territories, regions, or countries to share best practice as well as important projects in order to improve the coverage of multi-country .
- Use sales-specific systems to manage own sales pipeline, forecast and monitor sales targets.
- Comply with guidelines surrounding Company systems and other relevant policies.
- Manage contract implementation where appropriate.
What are we looking for?
We want an ambitious, driven, and personable Account Manager/Sales Person to drive strategic growth of our Oil Terminals Data Measurement business, whilst farming our existing customer account in parallel. You will have proven sales experience with a strong technical background (educational or industrial exposure) in a process industry, such as Petrochemical or Oil and Gas, either from a technical or sales perspective. Your capabilities as a driven business ‘hunter’, and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels will serve you well as you build your customer portfolio and reputation within the Oil Terminals industry.
- A strong educational or industrial background in a process industry, such as Petrochemical or Oil and Gas
- Proven track record working in an account management or business development role
Willingness to travel across the UK
60 Visit Customers
15 Search for New Customers
15 Customer Account Management
5 Learn the Products
5 Campaign Management
- Job ID: HRD2079
- Category: Sales
- Location: Didsbury, GT MAN M20 2HY GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.