Honeywell Sr Project Development Engineer in Des Plaines, Illinois
Sr Project Development Engineer
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
There is an opening for an Equipment Proposal Support Engineer within UOP's ES&E Equipment Sales Support group. The ES&E Equipment Sales Support group offers an alternative to EPC approach for Refining and Petrochemical process units by offering them as pre-fabricated modular units.
These projects, ranging in size from $5 to $100MM or more, include licensed engineering projects with some equipment components, modular process units, and detailed design services. The Equipment Proposal Support Engineer is responsible for the performance of technical and commercial activities that bring a Customer project into focus as a comprehensive proposal. The Engineer will handle opportunities that have passed intake screening and are approved for proposal to customers.
This position will assure that assigned proposal opportunities meet promise dates with the agreed deliverables.This position will be located in Des Plaines, Illinois This position has accountability for delivery of Proposal documents and high-level project plans that address key Customer needs of Opportunities in the equipment Sales Pipeline.
The Proposal Support Engineer is responsible for thorough investigation of customer requirements, creation of key project documents, coordination with Engineering and Procurement, and the creation of Cost Estimates, Cash Flows and Proposal Documents. Some of the product lines include process simulation and evaluation. The position will coordinate with Sales, Sales Support, Drafting, Technical Services, Engineering and Procurement to answer the requirements that are defined in Customer's Invitation to Bid and in Project Specific Sales Strategy review notes.
This position will also provide assistance to Business Management and the positions named above through the updating of Marketing Materials and coaching of the Customer facing people to help them better understand the offer, the value propositions, the technology and the project execution strategy.
Maintain working relationships with Sales Support team, Product Line Manager, Equipment Engineering and Procurement to coordinate resources and expertise in support of Modular Proposals.
Receive Invitation documents for opportunities and plan the response with Sales Support. Set Promise Dates with Sales Support and perform cost and cash estimating with proposal document generation in time to meet project needs.
Co-ordinate and document reviews of customer-issued technical specifications with support of engineering disciplines. Develop estimates for cost of compliance to these specifications. Develop lists of exceptions, clarifications and deviations as necessary.
Own and develop project specific cost workbooks, cash flow models and proposal documents as required by the project and the customer. Gain internal buy-in of project and proposal plans so that Sales Support can take ownership and navigate the opportunity to sale. Support the review of project details, including cost review, with business and executive management.
Participate in Commercial Project Readiness (CPR) meetings to evaluate plans for transfer of material and services during the course of a project between UOP, vendors and customers, planning for local and international compliance perspectives of both law and tax.
Coordinate all project development activities with support groups such as Engineering, Project Execution and Procurement. Expedite those efforts to keep overall project timeline intact.
Lead or support as required; multi-discipline teams to review project plans, cost, product positioning and sales strategy. This may include participation in and coordination of technical clarification meetings. Prepare Proposal Support handover package to Project Management for sold projects.
Incorporate improvements and innovations into standard proposal costs and design details. Coordinate supplier list for all equipment within a product line between engineering and procurement.
Maintain various databases of project costs, resources and schedules for product lines
Develop and implement methodology and work process for identifying opportunities for standardization.
50 Proposal development and delivery
30 Creation of project documents
20 Maintain relationships with various departments
YOU MUST HAVE
- B.E./B. Tech. degree in Civil/Mechanical/Chemical/Instrumentation/or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in refining, petrochemical or gas processing or mining industries is required
- Experience in refinery, petrochemical gas process technology, engineering, equipment, or construction project management, or modular unit fabrication is required
- Prior sales, sales support, project execution and petrochemical engineering experience is ideal, experience working with an EPC firm or in an EPC office is a plus
- Management/Business Management skills/Financial acumen in general is essential. Prior cost estimating experience and project management is highly beneficial
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organization and cost analysis skills are essential
- Experience in project contractual, legal, tax and financial issues is beneficial
- General knowledge of refining, petrochemical, gas process industry is necessary
- Adept use of database and spreadsheet and word processing tools is essential. Modeling tools is a plus. These may include Acrobat Standard, Aspen Cost Estimator, Excel, Statistical Tools, MS Word MS Project, and SAP
- Ability to work independently and ability to multi-task using comprehensive problem solving skills
- Experience working across functional lines and organizations is considered ideal
- MBA is useful for working with Business and Sales team in cash forecasting, economic analysis and risk managment
- Ability to travel up to 5% annually
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req115592
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.