Honeywell Lead Patent Attorney in Des Plaines, Illinois
Lead Patent Attorney
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Lead Patent Attorney of the Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) business in Des Plaines, Illinois. The position will serve as the lead contact point for IP-related legal affairs across all of HPS’s lines of businesses and functions, as well as more broadly support the Honeywell Connected Plant (HCP) and IIoT initiatives within the PMT-HPS-UOP businesses. This position will report to the Chief Counsel-Technology & IP for Honeywell PMT-UOP/HPS/HCP.
Provide counseling on all IP-related and technology law issues of critical importance to these businesses, including strategic alliances, M&A activities, and acquisition/licensing/protection of key IP assets, transactional support to HPS general commercial lawyers on IP-related provisions in all of the foregoing, and lead IP adversarial matters (oppositions, revocations, invalidation actions), and dispute resolution of IP-related conflicts
Conduct detailed IP risk-opportunity analyses of potential transactions and new product/process introductions, and prepare and deliver opinions of counsel relating to the same
Oversee and manage patent portfolio of the HPS and creation of other IP-related protection strategies for HPS and related HCP and IIoT initiatives including in conjunction with PMT-UOP
30 Develop IP enforcement
30 IP Protection Strategies
10 Educate management and staff
10 Drive freedom to practice
20 M&A due diligence
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science minimum in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, with industrial process control, software, and network systems coursework
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school
- State Bar of Illinois admission or eligibility for reciprocal admission; USPTO registration number
- Significant experience handling complex intellectual property issues (transactional, adversarial, prep/pros of cases), with primary experience in software IP law and technical arts
- Outstanding personal integrity and judgment
- Strong intellectual capacity and high standards of excellence
- Personal presence, communicationsskillsand credibility necessary to effectively interact with and influence senior management
- Ability to set priorities for himself/herself, as well as for other members of legal department, and the discipline to execute to those priorities
- Demonstrable record of providing clients with practical advice that blends legal experience with an understanding of, and appreciation for, a client's business objectives
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player who will take a proactive approach to manage and continuously improve internal legal function
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD5884
- Category: Legal
- Location: ., Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.