Honeywell HSE Specialist in Des Plaines, Illinois
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive health and safety management system, combined with strong employee engagement and environment that fosters continuous improvement.
You will lead activities and HSE performance metrics for the Field Services Organization. You will accomplish this by establishing strong working relationships with the site leadership team and the employees. You will report directly to the HPS UOP HSE Global Manager. You will be a key HSE resource directing sustainable health and safety programs through incorporation of impactful operating processes leading practices in health and safety standards.
Maintain the Field Service HSE Management System by integrating, monitoring and supporting Health, Safety programs, ensuring compliance with the applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations.
Incorporate continuous improvements using Honeywell's Health and Safety initiatives through Honeywell's Operating System activities.
Provide consultation & proactive integration of HSE initiatives at HPS UOP Field keeping a leading edge on safety awareness and implementation
25 Implements HSE&F standards
25 Provides technical assistance
25 Ensures compliance standards
25 Effective coach and role model
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preference in Health Safety, Environmental science, industrial hygiene or related field operations or construction management.
* WE VALUE *
· HSE and/or field service
· Experience in Field Safety a strong plus
· Experience in maintaining Management Systems
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Use innovative thinking to create continuous improvement
· Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to influence and be an agent for change.
· Effective communicator: demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, to establish credibility and influence direction.
· Strong ethical framework.
· Gets results: Strong project development /management skills with ability to work with minimal oversight and a strong bias for delivering on commitments, getting desired results.
· Knowledge of and direct experience in Health, Safety and Environment management systems, Responsible Care® and ISO 14001.
· Strong knowledge of basic computer skills – (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Database management.
· Lean/six sigma experience.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD1180
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: ., Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.