Honeywell Test Equipment Repair Engineer in Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Test Equipment Repair EngineerThe R&O Engineering position will perform an integral technical role. The position is part of the Product Support Engineering - Global Repair & Overhaul Engineering Organization, Avionics-Electronics (AvEl) group.
The position provides an individual with the opportunity to exercise their diverse technical and specific product knowledge to define, create and implement: rework, repair and evaluation of Honeywell products.
Repair and Overhaul Test Equipment Engineering Support [Primary responsibility]
• Troubleshoot complex avionics & electronics test equipment and software to root cause
• Drive to improve repair & test capability through the use of aftermarket engineering tools
• Liaison between Engineering Test Systems, Engineering Center of Excellence, and Service Centers to clarify requests for product modification, upgrades and repair of test equipment
• Technical support of tooling, test equipment and documentation to effectively troubleshoot and perform repairs
• Identify failure trends and seek out RCCA for use in new design, drawing changes or repair enhancement
• Identify the need for equivalencies and identify possible alternatives
• Coordinate with OEM and Repair factories on product returns, associated testing, and disruptions impacting delivery, yield and quality
•Actively engage in analysis activities in support of the troubleshooting and debug efforts
•Coordinate with engineering experts across disciplines to identify optimal solutions
•Document findings, develop white papers, and submit change orders for print changes as required
Planning and Project Management
• Manage coordination between site repair development engineering, site quality, test engineering, product engineering, product support engineering and FAA DER for substantiation and authorization of engineering documentation (example - software and hardware document changes, manual upgrades and non-standard repair development)
• Project manage repairs and projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Electronics or a related technical field.
• Minimum 5 years in the Avionics/Electronics Industry
• 5 years’ experience in test engineering (including maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting)
• Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations
• Highly motivated, goal and results oriented with bias for action and disciplined execution
• Knowledge of Digital and Analog component systems
• Understanding of FAR 21 (OEM-Factory) and FAR 145 (Repair Station)
• Understanding of specific regulations DO-178, DO-254 and DO-160
• Understanding and compliance to export regulation and ITAR information
• Knowledge of Interchangeability and Configuration Management
• Awareness of product test requirements and limitation of test equipment to replicate aircraft
• Test Equipment Design Engineering experience
- Job ID: 00346767
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Coon Rapids, MN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.