Honeywell Senior AMO Theoretical Research Scientist in Broomfield, Colorado
Senior AMO Theoretical Research Scientist
Senior AMO Theoretical Research Scientist
We are pleased to announce a unique opportunity with Honeywell’s Advanced Connected Sustainability Technologies (ACST) organization. This is an exciting organization focused on cutting-edge technology developments, working with various entities in research and development efforts in break-through technology. We are moving new businesses technologies into next generation products utilized by millions of people to make your world more secure.
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Advanced Connectivity Sustainability Technologies (ACST) is looking for a highly qualified Theoretical Physicist to apply their knowledge base to unique industrial applications. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of atomic and optical physics and have intimate knowledge of standard theoretical techniques within their specific field of research.
- Apply previous experience in atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics to perform simulations, model complex systems, and define experimental protocols and parameters based on design inputs
- Develop new concepts, writing project proposals, and developing new technologies
- Understand program requirements and translate into device and product specifications to create overall system solutions
- Partner with academic research institutions, national laboratories, and commercial entities in achieving the goals of the business
- Manage projects in collaboration with teams of scientists and engineers
YOU MUST HAVE
- U.S. citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain government security clearance
- PhD (completed or expected within 6 months) in Physics or related field with theoretical background in ion trapping, neutral atoms, quantum optics, quantum information / simulation or precision atomic measurements
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a focus on quantum theory (PhD inclusive)
- 10 years including PhD and Postdoctoral experience and must include industry or lab appointments
- Formal background in AMO physics with a proven track record of developing state of the art theoretical models of quantum systems
- Experience programming in Python, MATLAB, C++, or equivalent
- Experience working closely with experimental teams to support laboratory efforts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as demonstrated by publication record
- Strong organizational and leadership skills necessary to work with customers and partners
- Strong and active network of professional relationships
- Participation in high impact projects that makes the world better
- Working in a strong culture of excellence and collaboration
- Opportunity to work in a high performing team environment
- Travel opportunities
- The mindset and management support that empowers and enables you to get the job done
- Job ID: 00335820
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: ., Broomfield, CO 80021 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.