Honeywell AMO Scientist in Broomfield, Colorado
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is looking for a highly qualified Atomic Physicist to apply their knowledge base to unique industrial applications.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of atomic and optical physics, and have intimate knowledge of standard laboratory practices and techniques within their specific field of research.
In this role, you will apply previous experience in atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics to design, develop, perform experiments in a laboratory environment, and translate customer requirements into device and product specifications. You will also be expected to assist in developing new concepts, write project proposals, and develop new technologies for future products.
25 Perform experiments in a laboratory environment
25 Translate customer requirements into device and product specifications
25 Assist in developing new concepts
25 Write project proposals
You Must Have
· PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field with background in AMO and 5+ years of relevant industry experience involving optics, vacuum systems, electronics, and/or lasers
· U.S. Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain a Government Security Clearance
· Formal background in AMO physics with a proven track record of applying physical principles in the construction of complex systems
· Experience with laser systems, including diode lasers and optical cavities
· Knowledge of opto-electronic devices, including photo-detectors and lasers
· Experience design and test of micro optical systems
· Working knowledge of control systems and signal processing
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with published results within their field of research.
· As a top candidate, you will have strong organizational and leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers and partners
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req118611
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: 303 S. Technology Ct., Broomfield, CO 80021 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.