Honeywell Sr. Software Design Engineer in Brno, Czech Republic
Sr. Software Design EngineerSupport BendixKing SW design activities (development, verification and validation) for GA programs, namely Autopilot, ADAHRS & then the future BK GA products.
- SW Design and analysis of AP/SIF/ADAHRS or other sproducts for GA aircraft, including requirements definition
- Design and analysis of related GA products (e.g. Auto Pilot, ADAHRS, KI300), including requirements definition
- A strong engineering background in fields such as Aero, General aviation, Electrical, Electronics/Avionics or Computer Engineering/Science.
- Coordinates day-to-day tasks among working members within the assigned team.
- Coordinates project and technical aspects across other functions and the project engineer.
- Estimates schedule, headcount, and cost for elements of a program assigned to his/her function. Should own the commitment decision
- Facilitated by the PM/PE, and based on Bases of Estimation which are applicable to and developed within their respective function.
- Represents schedule performance against plan. Should own the commitment decision
- Communicate/escalate as appropriate
- Actively participates in GEMBA, IPT, and related forums
- Actively manages risk and issues with appropriate mitigations
- Drives informal design reviews at periodic intervals to ensure quality deliverables which comply with requirements. Should be the primary design decision maker
- Compiles and represents function-specific content in design reviews (SRR/PDR/CDR).
- Shows compliance and successful certification within their function: including adherence to processes, standards, and certification reviews.
- Provides performance-based feedback across his/her assigned team to the appropriate functional manager.
Supplements corresponding technical manager in coordinating individual skill mix assigned to a program, suggesting/making timely adjustments when appropriate – in concert with the Project Engineer.
Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 7 + years of relevant experience
- Excellent command of English language mandatory
- Expert in C programming, familiar with computer languages (C++ or otherwise) and script languages (Perl, Python..)
- Experience with databases is a plus (MS Access or otherwise)
- Job ID: 00335305
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Brno, BM CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.