Honeywell LV AME Senior Manager in Brno, Czech Republic
LV AME Senior Manager
The Global LV AME Sr Manager leads a global organization of ISC Technical Leaders, driving definition of core/non-core manufacturing strategy for new product designs, leading make versus buy process, evaluating product manufacturability and proactively suggesting design changes to reduce product cost and improved quality. The selected candidate will also drive early sourcing decision working in close contact with commodities management and technical supplier development director, and early decision on manufacturing site selection in close communication with Supply Chain team. This role is also responsible to estimate product cost on new designs working in close cooperation with commodities, technical supplier development engineers, and AME centers of excellence and will be regarded as a key contributor to the global development partnership process with product engineering and commodities. This role will be the unique reference point for all ISC related activities in the platform.
The position will be located in Brno.
• Estimate product cost on new designs working in close cooperation with commodities, technical supplier development engineers, Advanced Buyers, COE's (Assembly and Balance), and Should Cost organizations.
• Evaluate product manufacturability and proactively suggest design changes to reduce product cost, improved quality and productivity.
• Define core/non-core manufacturing strategy for new product designs, leading make versus buy process.
• Support sourcing decision working in close contact with Commodities Management, Advanced Buyers and Technical Supplier Development
• Key contributor to global development partnership with product engineering and commodities
• Responsible to develop product/process scorecard with SQD and NPI ME organizations
• Work with Product Line, Design, Technical Supplier Development, and COE's (Assembly, Balance, and Noise) to develop design standards and manufacturability concepts
• Participate in Product Development Reviews (PDR), Pre-PAC and PAC reviews, TAM 3.
• Develop manufacturing and quality readiness plans for 1-6 product / process development.
• Support and lead reviews manufacturing strategies for product development.
• Understand turbo machinery and the assembly / balance / machining concepts to manufacture.
• Lead MRL and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) for the Product Line
Key Success Factors:
• Communicate in a clear and concise manner with all business functions and suppliers
• Excellent personal organization
• Have a creative and innovative problem solving approach
• Interface with a broad team composed of members from different locations. Manage remote and diverse team
• Have hands on management approach
• Manage large quantities of data in a methodical and rigorous manner
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Fluent spoken & written English
Previous working experience of minimum ten years in the
Minimum 10 years’ experience in turbocharging
Additional Attributes Sought:
In-depth technical knowledge of turbo manufacturing processes
Lean expert/ Black Belt is a plus
- Job ID: 00358579
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Brno, BM 62700 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.