Honeywell PIPELINE - Project Engineer in Bogota, Panama
PIPELINE - Project Engineer
The HBSAmericas Health, Safety and Environment Leader will provide subject matterexpertise that assists the business in managing the risks associated with alloperational aspects of the business.
With directionand supervision from the operations manager, and/or delivery leadership, theproject engineer is responsible for managing the design process and deliveryprocess of HVAC, Fire Alarm, and Security jobs. Under the supervision of a ProjectManager, the Project Engineer will provide work direction to subcontractors,technicians and designers as necessary. Under Project Management supervision,the Project Engineer will be responsible for overall financial performance ofthe project including costs, change orders, billings and collections.Coordinates communication with the customer and maintains relationship withcustomer during the lifecycle of the project to assure high-level customersatisfaction.Thisposition is an excellent entry level learning opportunity for a degree Mechanical engineer with high energy level desiring to learn the contractingindustry.
- Under a project manager’s supervision performs or coordinatescontrol systems installation hardware layout and software submittals forassigned projects using Honeywell processes and standards as required.
- Under project manager’s supervision provides technical support tosales in bidding process, including defining job scope, estimating, proposalpreparation and presentations to assure accuracy to specifications. May assistcontrols systems sales person to review costs/risk of proposed project inestimate and risk review process.
- Assists the sale /business leadership function to accurately planand report financials of assigned controls projects, including scheduling andcost forecasting.
- Assists in the development in project plans and coordinatesresources to ensure project schedule are met.Manages all administrative and processaspects of job.Directsand/or coordinates with other technical vendors/providers, such as engineeringcenter, local install technicians, or sub-contractors to deliver hardware,software, and graphics, and remote site support, customer demo, commissioningand close-out.
- Will be responsible to coordinate with owner and/or Contractor allEthernet related activities, assigning IP addresses, ensuring adequatebandwidth availability as required, setting up of wireless or remote accessaround firewalls for checkout, fine tuning and servicing.
- Provides product and project information to customer andsubcontractors as required by specifications and contract documents.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding contractual scope ofproject to assure change ordersaresubmitted when original scope is modified or owner seeks to enhance systemcapability.
- Responsible for ordering and delivery of equipment for projectsbased on project schedule.
- Responsible forcosts, billings and collections on assigned projects under the supervision of aProject Manager
- Obtains pricequotes from outside vendors and subcontractors reviews scope, terms andconditions, and awards contracts.
- Coordinates customer trainingclose-out/as-builtdocumentationas requiredby contract documents.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering, constructionmanagement, control systems, or equivalent gained by significant comparable onthe job experience.
- Advanced english
- Minimun 5 years in the position
- Minimun 5 years experience in HVAC, Fire Alarm, Security, Commercial Building Controls environment ( nedd to know minimun 2 business)
- Certifications desirable in minumun 1 Networks, NICET, PMP/PMI and Microsoft Project.
Solid understanding of IT networks is desirable
Familiarity with construction plans and specifications isdesired but not required.
Strong interpersonal communication, technical, negotiationand teaming skills.
Strong organization, time management, and computer skills.
Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Must be career focused.
- Job ID: 00357379
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Bogota, DC PAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.