Honeywell PIPELINE - Region Install Technical Specialist in Bogota, Colombia
PIPELINE - Region Install Technical Specialist
The HBSAmericas Health, Safety and Environment Leader will provide subject matterexpertise that assists the business in managing the risks associated with alloperational aspects of the business.
The main function ofthis position is to help support the Commissioning of Complex Honeywell ControlSystems – HVAC, Fire & Security Control Systems. These Control Systems areengineered by Honeywell in-house engineers, installed by Electrical SubContractors and then commissioned by Honeywell Field techs in commercialbuildings (Office buildings, Schools, Universities, Airports, Hospitals, etc.)
Region InstallTechnical Specialist is the EXPERT at Regional or National Level thatunderstands all Honeywell technologies (HVAC, FIRE & SECURITY), is regardedas an Industry expert and has relationships in Industry to promote HoneywellSystems and programs. Region Install Technical Specialist will also maintainIndustry affiliations to learn and implement Industry Best Practices
Region Install Technical Specialist will worktowards continuous improvement of commissioning practices, specificallyreducing commissioning hours per device and/or hours per system using HOStechniques.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Expert knowledge of HVAC systems, Control systems,Mechanical system operation and building facilities. Honeywell InstalledSystems Product knowledge – EBI, XL5000, CARE, ComfortPoint Open, PCs/Serversand general network knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of Fire alarm system codes, NFPAguidelines, devices used and functions for FA applications. Honeywell productsknowledge – XLS140/3000, EBI, XLS1000, FS90
- Expert knowledge of Security systems, access control, CCTV,Digital Video and controlling software. Honeywell Product knowledge of EBI/DVM,Access, CCTV, TEMALINE, Pro Watch
- Expert Network and integration abilities to be able to workon multiple protocols like BACnet, modbus, OPC, LON, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electricaldrawings and diagrams.
- Expert Diagnostics and Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritizeand get things done.
- Communication skills to deal with co-workers, customers andcontractors.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to train, teach, mentor & coach any Technicalperson at HBS and be the ‘go to’ person for complex system installations and 3rdparty integrations.
Support Commissioning of Complex Control Systems:
- Install pre-engineered Software, checkout Control systems,start up and commission systems and fine tune their operations as per Customerrequirements or Job specifications or both. Use Productivity Tools such asWireless commissioning to improve efficiency. Also use Standard SOPs, Software basedcheckout methodologies and sampling strategies if appropriate.
- Troubleshoot hardware & software issues, make changesto meet spec requirements. May involve re- engineering effort or systemre-design. Must possess knowledge of Hardware and Software for all Honeywellproducts.
- Perform Open systems and/or 3 rd partyintegrations and possess expertise to communicate with other vendors ofdifferent protocols.
- Complete tech work under estimated Hours and withinallocated time frame.
- Be aware of Honeywell’s scope of work and protect financialimpact due to changes by supporting and obtaining Change Orders whereverappropriate.
- Ensure that Configuration management policy is followed which involves back up of allchanges on an ongoing basis during installation and final archiving ofHoneywell Hardware & Software on Honeywell Server (ADEPT)
- Althoughthis position requires all of the above activities knowledge and skills, thekey responsibility is to be the ‘go to’ person for Complex
Coordination with othertrades & Customer/GC/MC as well as Honeywell engineering
- Coordinate work with other trades and upper tierContractors to accomplish Honeywell’s commissioning task most effectively.Specifically work with Electrical contractor and ensure installation iscompleted per Honeywell drawings and guidelines.Manage Honeywell equipment deliveries, storage,handling at site and correct installation by Sub Contractors.
- Set up and assign work to balancer as required.
- Coordinate with SDC or Local engineer to understand scope,Hardware, Software, Graphics and as-built details
- Be able to managejobs (<$200K) end to end.
Customer Management and Sales Support activities
Conduct SystemFunctional Training as required per Contract
Demonstrate System and obtain Sign-off as per Contract
Support Sales/PM onsurveys, application selection, and layout of potential retrofit opportunities. Support Sales & Delivery for Hi end complex integrated/networked solutionsspecifically for layouts, configuration, system architecture design and be ableto present to customer/consultant whenever required.
Health,Safety and Statutory Compliance
Carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasksaccording to Honeywell policy and regulatory requirements.
Report near misses,incidents and other opportunities for improvement..
Be responsible for Honeywell assets such as Tools,proprietary Software, & site database.
Keep documentation& paperwork up to date – Weekly L&Es, Customer/Contractor requests forchanges, extra work, Overtime, Commissioning Binder, etc.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Bachelor in Engineer or Advanced Degree Required:
- Advanced english
- Minimun 5 years in the position
- Minimun 5 years experience in HVAC, Fire Alarm, Security, Commercial Building Controls environment ( nedd to know minimun 2 business)
- Affiliations with ASHRAE, other Control Industryinstitutions required
Other requirements - desirable
- MCSE certified. Other Network certifications desirable.
- NICET Level II is required; knowledge of NFPA guidelines isrequired.
- CFAA certification required for Canadian FA Tech
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Security and other Clearances as required.
- Ability to travel throughout the service area, withoccasional overnight stays.
- Language requirements as may be required geographically.
- Job ID: 00357394
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Bogota, DC 110221 COL
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.