Honeywell Sr Avionics Sales Manager in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Sr Avionics Sales Manager
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Avionics Sales – Airlines, within the Commercial Aviation strategic business unit and is responsible for winning business and driving growth for Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectables BFE/SSFE Avionics and complex Retrofits, Mods and Upgrades (RMUs) at Airline customers.
The successful Sr. Avionics Sales Manager will thoroughly understand the technical aspects and value proposition of Honeywell Selectable avionics and RMUs, the market and customer requirements, and the Honeywell sales and pursuit process. They will develop strong trusted relationships with decision makers and influencers at assigned customer base, including engineering, flight operations and procurement departments as well as senior leadership. Working closely with the Aftermarket Sales Managers, Product Sales Managers, Product Line Leaders, Sales Operations and Pricing teams, the Avionics Sales Manager will develop and execute winning pursuit plans and proposals, utilizing a thorough understanding of the market and customer needs.
30 develop strong trusted relationships with decision makers and influencers at assigned customer base
20 lead the sales pursuit process for Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectable avionics
20 provide support to the Aftermarket Sales Managers for complex RMU sales pursuits
20 manage and develop a sustainable sales pipeline
10 develop and execute strategies to position Honeywell to win future business
Leadership and Responsibilities:
· Lead the sales pursuit process for Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectable avionics for new aircraft orders
· Provide support to the Aftermarket Sales Managers for complex RMU sales pursuits
· Deliver credible and persuasive technical and commercial presentations, customized to the audience and specific customer value requirements.
Ability to understand customer needs and tailor value propositions to create a winning offering
· Accurate and complete management of opportunities and pursuit plans within Salesforce and ability to multitask several pursuits at once
· Maintain close cooperation with Product Sales Managers, the Sales Excellence Team and Product Line Leaders to develop and enhance sales collaterals, including presentations, sales bulletins and brochures, value propositions and calculators which articulate features into customer benefits and value
· Manage and develop a sustainable sales pipeline capable of delivering to current and future year revenue targets
· Develop and execute strategies to position Honeywell to win future business and overturn competitor incumbency where necessary, through relationship building, technology briefings, overcoming obstacles and developing a deep understanding of customer needs
· Collaborate with Product Sales Managers and Product Line Leaders to convey customer requirements, market and competitor intelligence, and provide inputs on product roadmaps and new RMU ideation
· Technical skills: Strong knowledge of commercial avionics systems, ideally in the context of flight operations and engineering/maintenance
· Tenacious, self-starter: Results driven and highly motivated to seek out, cultivate and win new business, often in a highly competitive environment
· Develop and foster strong relationships: Establish credibility and trust through meeting commitments and exhibiting a social and affable demeanor with an ability to communicate effectively throughout various levels of an organization.
Strong oral and written communication skills, creativity, and the ability to work with internal and external customers up to and including leadership levels across different regions and cultures
· Team Work: Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to enter established teams and work across multiple parts of the organization to build rapport and respect quickly
· Business Acumen: Mature business and financial acumen with knowledge of constructing technical and commercial proposals
· Negotiations: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external stakeholders to win concessions without damaging relationships
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of significant accomplishments in technical sales, technical support, product management, engineering or business development in the Aerospace industry, ideally with experience interfacing with Engineering and Flight Operations departments at commercial airlines or OEMs.
· Bachelor Degree or commensurate education in Business, Engineering, Aeronautics or technically related field
· Minimum five years of sales, technical support, business development, product management or related commercial experience
· Customer facing experience with airlines an advantage
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Job ID: 00351842
- Category: Sales
- Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.