Honeywell Product Engineer in Basildon, United Kingdom
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Home and Building Technologies helps homeowners stay connected and in control of home comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification. We help building owners and occupants ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our products and technologies are installed in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
What are we looking for?
Honeywell are looking for a product engineer with experience overseeing product portfolios, and end to end development.
What will you be doing every day
- To ensure that the products within the EP Portfolio are compliant with both Product and Regional Legislation.
- To create product test programmes to achieve product certification and Declaration of Conformity.
- Develop product life and reliability test programmes to complete product assessment.
- To create and maintain technical files for the maintenance and support of products.
- To provide the Product Engineering input on Product Development, Product Improvement and Cost Down Projects.
- Responsible for supporting existing products, this includes technical support, product improvement, customer returns, and customer complaints, manufacturing support and risk assessment.
- To work with the Marketing Team on new product definition, create detailed product definition documents which specifies the customer needs and standards / legislative requirements that the design will need to satisfy.
- To work closely with Design Engineering to ensure that the requirements of new product developments are fully understood and agreed throughout the product development phase.
- To assess and approve viability of customer specials in respect of safety and standards compliance.
- Provide support on both new Standards developments and amendment proposals.
What skills and requirements do you need?
- A deep understanding of IEC British Standards, and an understanding of how to interpret them
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at many different levels
- A good commercial awareness/aptitude
- Knowledge of the low voltage directive/CE marking
- Electro-mechanical experience would be advantageous
A quality engineering or quality assurance background could also be advantageous
60 Communicate non-compliance incidents
20 Identify areas improvement
20 Execute project tasks
Exempt Five-Year Plan
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD956
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Basildon, ESSEX SS14 3EA GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.