Honeywell Sr. Procurement Specialist in Bangalore, India
Sr. Procurement Specialist
A Job posting does not exist for this global job code, please work with your HRG to develop one
20 Negotiations and P2P Cycle (Procurement to Pay Cycle)
20 Developing negotiation strategies
20 negotiating in a scenario
source procurement i
20 Indirect procurement
To process the requirements of business needs of Mechanical/Software/hardware parts thru established catalog systems ,
Bridge between Procurement team, engineering team and Supplier on communicating the design changes, integrators, track the progress and drive cycle time.
Roll expectation is to have full satisfaction to end user in terms of Quality and Delivery.
To track the deliveries with suppliers and ensure to reduce lead time with least Total cost using e Auction tool.
Required to handle NPI - New Part Introduction /Capex - Capital Expenditure for Mechanical commodities, for research development laboratories.
Qualification: BE/B.Tech - Mechanical
Experience: 6 to 9 yrs.
Key duties/responsibilities of Sr Procurement :Indirect Sourcing of New Product Itroduction/Captial Expenditure Parts
1. Process Purchase requests from business users utilizing the catalog ordering system
2. Process Purchase request for NPI/Capex, with Best Price & Best Lead time.
3. Review all open Purchase request / Purchase Order and track the ordering process
4. Track the deliveries with suppliers to improve the on-time delivery
5. Able to interface with stake holders ( User , EXIM / Logistics / stores ) to ensure clearance of goods at customs and ensure delivery to requester
6. Resolve any discrepancies wrt PO / invoice etc within agreed schedules
7. Should ensure the ordering process PR-PO , Order to Delivery ( OTD) remains within agreed Service Level Agreement ( SLA) metrics
8. Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
9. Support Quality team in monitoring supplier quality requirements and track improvements if any to be implemented by suppliers.
10. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
11. Should have Six Sigma/ Kaizen knowledge.
12. Should have awareness on International Organization for Standardization (ISO) / Aero standards.
13. Should have process knowledge to conduct Corrective and preventive action (CAPA) & suggest alternate process methods.
14. Have prior experience in Procurement systems viz, SAP, One Source etc
15. Well versed in Microsoft tools and be an effective communicator
16. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations• The role bearer is responsible for anticipating trends of the industry, keeping in mind the new product/ technology introductions
• Responsible for anticipating, alerting and advising the user communities of a potential vendor lock-in, that is the inability of the user community to un-subscribe/ un-plug/ ramp-down a service or a product, which is currently in use.
• Is responsible for contributing towards business continuity planning (BCP)
• Develop a plan to address a vendor lock-in situation, which might potentially come up in future.
• Conducting from time to time a comprehensive risk analysis • Analyze data on industry and market dynamics and products/services trends
Negotiations and P2P Cycle (Procurement to Pay Cycle)• Required to develop negotiation strategies for sole source procurement- i.e. – negotiating in a scenario, where there is only one supplier in the market for a particular requirement.
Corrective and preventive action
• The role bearer has the end to end responsibility for conducting RFQs (Requests for Quotation) and RFPs (Requests for Proposal).
• For high value procurements, the role bearer is responsible for conducting competitive bidding; E-auctions (reverse, forward, Dutch etc.)
• Establish and maintain relationships with the stakeholder community for an effective implementation of the P2P process and policy enforcement, across businesses The role bearer is needed to apply 6-sigma principles and HOS guidelines in their day to day work
• Is responsible entirely from the conceptualization stage to the completion of projects that entail modifications and/ or augmentation of various facilities by engaging architects, general contractors and project management consultants.
- Job ID: HRD1864
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Bangalore, KA 560076 IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.