Honeywell Sr Buyer in Bangalore, India
Sr BuyerTactical Responsibilities.
1. Prepare the weekly sourcing metrics dashboards for review
2. Prepare & publish the weekly Invoice Hold status to the buying team
3. With the support of the buying team, Root causes for the weekly metrics misses are identified using the Quality tools & resolving them
4. Lead the Weekly Supply review/On-Dock issue meetings with Planning & Receiving Team
5. Assist the Primary Manager to prepare the Internal Reports like GPS Score Card, Monthly MOR, T4 Data etc.
6. Ensuring the SOPs are prepared/ revised as per the frequency and making sure the buying team follows a standardized Process across
7. Conduct HOS Training sessions & confirming the HOS requirements are followed in the team (Especially 5S, Visuals, Standard Work & Standardized work)
8. Source the vendor for assigned parts and negotiate price and terms per Honeywell Global Sourcing guidelines when needed 10. Obtain Quotes from Suppliers for Procurement of Materials
9. New suppliers needs to be added in the system with the approval from the Sourcing Management
10. Process Purchase Requisitions for Direct materials in Oracle & SAP/Other ERPs systems. Maintain 100% accuracy on PO Price, Payment Terms, and Need Date
11. Ensure PO's are issued in compliance with all Sourcing policies & procedures as per the business.
12. Follow up with the suppliers to get timely confirmations & validate them
13. Expediting factory shortage and make sure high performance of supplier On Time Delivery (OTD), On Time To Request, and On Time To Re-Committed (OTTR’d)
14. Push outs to be successfully actioned to maintain a minimum level of Inventory.
15. Understanding of the preferred source of supply & the materials Procured
16. Invoice Hold issues are resolved timely to make sure no material hold
17. Provide the payment status to suppliers when requested
18. Any Ad hoc requests in order to resolve invoice, payment, PO & Vendor related issues
19. Manage PO PPV and drive vendor year-to-year productivity. Follow the PIA process for any price increase
20. Collaborate with site receiving team to resolve on - dock issues
21. Manage the Return order process & credit recovery for the assigned materials.
1. Identify opportunities at Supplier/Site level to negotiate with the suppliers for achieving Price Savings, Cost Avoidance & Working Capital improvements
2. Drive PO Automation and other Automation initiatives as per the directions from Primary Manager/Commodity Managers/Metrics Manger
3. Identify & Support E-Auction Projects site level
4. Work closely with business/GPS management and contribute to achieve the Individual & Team goals/ initiatives
5. Drive WALT, LT Reduction & Localization Projects for the identified materials/suppliers
6. Conduct Training Sessions & Coaching to the buying Team
7. Attend the Weekly Operational review calls with Stake holders & Primary reporting Manager
7. Identify opportunities for Supplier consolidations.
8. Conduct Kaizen Events for the specific issues identified
9. Collaborate with key stakeholders/Primary Manager to develop strategies to improve the quality of the operation & bring more value add to the business
A Bachelors Degree with minium of 4+ years of experience in Direct Procurement
2. Prior experience working on multiple ERPs is desirable as this role will involve extensive use of SAP and other legacy systems.
3. The candidate should be well versed with Microsoft Products like Excel, Word and Outlook. This job may also require using various applications (Microsoft or others). Hence, a strong inclination towards automation will be an added advantage.
4. Should have good presentation skills
5. Must be Analytical
6. The candidate should be able to Lead, mentor a group of Buyers & act as SME for the process 7. Good 7.Negotiation Skills 8. 8.Ability to multi-task and work in challenging environment 9. Knowledge of Commodities is required 10. Flexibility to shifts is a mandate.
- Job ID: 00351984
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Bangalore, KA IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.