Honeywell Technical Buyer in Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Why choose Honeywell?
At Honeywell, we are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient and more innovative and productive.
Honeywell creates solutions linked to global macro-trends that improve quality of life for people around the globe — generating clean, healthy energy, and using it more efficiently; increasing our safety and security; enabling people to connect, communicate, and collaborate; and equipping our customers to be even more productive.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’s lives better every day. Chances are that there are Honeywell products all around you right now.
A career at Honeywell offers infinite possibilities within a diversified, global organization that is helping to help solve the world’s toughest challenges and improving quality of life for people globally. We invite you in our quest.
COM DEV, a Honeywell company, is a global leader in the engineering and production of custom-designed spaceflight hardware. Space technology must meet the highest performance standards.
Why you would want this role?
On offer is a very exciting Technical Buyer position at our Com Dev site in Aylesbury. It is from this site that we develop and produce innovative, bespoke concept products for the Space industry, and will provide you with opportunities to work across a huge variety of different projects, whilst experiencing very unique challenges along the way. It is a very exciting time to join the business, as Honeywell have recently acquired Com Dev, and are seeking to actively grow the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as liaison and point of contact for procurement related matters to procure Electrical, Electronic and Electro-mechanical (EEE) parts, PCB assemblies, Mechanical Parts and services at quality standards up to and including Space Flight.
- Procurement of other parts, materials and services as required on behalf of Honeywell.
- Working cross functionally with other Integrated Supply Chain, Engineering and Quality functions.
- Using available inventory search methods to locate stock.
- Resolution of ITAR and export compliance technical issues and maintaining export compliance.
- Raising purchase orders, expediting, supplier management activities.
- Negotiation of terms and conditions, prices and lead times.
- Ensuring applicable documents and requirements are implemented with Suppliers,
- Participating and leading Supplier visits including preparation of meeting material, and producing supplier visit reports and minutes of meeting.
- Main point of contact, internally and externally for given suppliers and projects.
- Keeping all records, systems and stakeholders up to date.
- Identification of supply chain risks and recommendation of mitigation strategies.
- Supporting supplier relationship management and supplier improvement initiatives
- Attending daily tier meetings
- Supporting and participating in Honeywell Operating System (HOS) activities
- Supporting and participating in all continuous improvement activities
- Any other reasonable task relevant to supporting the business
What are we looking for?
We want passionate, driven procurement professionals with a strong background in buying and procuring materials/products within a technical manufacturing background. You will have prior experience in either the electronics or mechanical field, and proven exposure to New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Proven experience in a technical procurement position.
- Experience working within the electronics or mechanical field.
- Space Industry procurement experience
- SAP knowledge, Excel skills.
- MCIPS or working towards
- Ability to provide identify, recommend and implement appropriate supply strategies, arrangements and agreements
- Electronics or Mechanical based qualification
- Experience of working in a project based environment
- Technical competence in electronics or mechanical parts and processes
- Export Compliance and ITAR knowledge
- Job ID: HRD1799
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Aylesbury, BUCKS HP22 5SX GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.