Honeywell Senior Product Assurance Engineer in Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Senior Product Assurance Engineer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly experienced, and talented individual to join our team in Aylesbury as a Senior Product Assurance Engineer. Within this role, you will be responsible for supporting key projects from a product assurance perspective from design, and development to flight stage! The types of products you will be working with are complex high reliability components, and sub systems for the space industry, so we are looking for someone with a relevant background within this field.
What will you be doing every day?
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Provide support to the bid team (PA Plans and estimates) and lead the production of the Product Assurance section of the Statement of Compliance.
• Ensure Customer requirements are within the scope of Honeywell QMS and generate approval documentation where waivers/deviations are identified or requested.
• Produce the Project Product Assurance Plan detailing activities and deliverables.
• Manage all Product Assurance deliverables in line with the Project PA Plan
• Management of all project non-conformances in accordance with the QMS and customer requirements. Communication and liaison with the customer to progress major non-conformances, including acting as chair for NRB/MRB meetings.
• Liaison and communication with the project team on all activities associated with the project product assurance programme.
• Review of Honeywell project and customer documentation to evaluate compliance with the project product assurance requirements.
• Represent Honeywell Product Assurance on all customer project meetings.
• Undertake project auditing activities in line with the Project Product Assurance Plan.
• Responsible for allocated Product Assurance tasks within multiple projects.
• Product design – ensure adequate validation to check new products are robust and capable. Be involved with design reviews, production phase and test campaign.
• Supply chain – audit and review suppliers to check necessary controls are in place to prove product integrity within suitable agreed standards for space development and production. This may include external supplier audits.
• Management of Supplier caused issues within the Value Stream
• Manufacturing – review production processes operate effectively and proactively promote process improvements.
• Drive built in quality (BIQ), continuous improvement and the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) from a Quality perspective.
• By use of Core Quality Tools & Techniques, drive corrective actions through to solve root cause issues, putting controls in place to maintain improvements and prevent any re-occurrence.
In addition to the normal PA duties you may be asked to support other activities for the Quality function, such as:
• QMS transition and maintenance.
• Supplier audits and supplier information maintenance (via One Source and Net-Inspect).
• SAP activities (setting up materials, quality clauses SPOCs, inspection characteristics, etc).
• CARs- Corrective and Preventive Action vie eCATS.
• Cause Chain Analysis with the use of CAMP (Cause Analysis / Mistake Proofing) methodology.
What skills and requirements do you need?
• A HND in mechanical/electrical engineering OR equivalent industry experience
• Extensive, and proven experience within the Space industry within quality AND product assurance
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes used in the electronic or microwave industries
• You should be a good problem solver, and able to think outside the box
• Proven track record of managing products from end to end
• A 1st Degree in an engineering field is highly advantageous
• Knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage
• Experience of reading and understanding engineer drawings
• Six Sigma Green/Black belt is desired but not essential
20 Process definition
20 Continuous improvement
20 Idea generation
20 Auditor of process
20 Risk analysis
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD4114
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Aylesbury, BUCKS HP22 5SX GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.