Honeywell Senior Product Manager, IoT Platform in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Product Manager, IoT Platform
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The IoT Platform Product Management team will be responsible for the overall coordination across various product management, marketing, engineering and IT teams across different business units, centers of excellence and IT delivery teams. The product management team will lead defining the next generation of cloud-native software services for big data,analyticsand mobile apps, and collaborate with different engineering teams to build a platform of reusable building blocks and micro-services.
This position involves close interaction with product managers, architects, development leads, and key business groups and their IT. The Product Manager will interact closely with Engineering and has the strong technical competence to help Engineering understand the intent of requirements so that they can build better specifications. Once platform products are built, the PM will enable other functions and business groups by delivering training, demos and authoring product capabilities documents/knowledge base and participating in relevant knowledge communities.
- Lead and drive development and communication of the technical intent of requirements working closely with product management and engineering
- Define, lead and execute platform-focused technical community forums – online and offline
- Drives discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Grooms platform product backlog as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Provide insight on new technology performance and recommendations of adoption opportunities
- Hands-on technical leadership, research and analysis of technology shifts and trends in the IoT, Big Data and/or Analytics/Data Science market place. Pricing and costing analysis for services being built and delivered. As needed, perform assessments and evaluations of technologies in the marketplace or internally within Honeywell.
- Driving the definition of IoT platform capabilities and services and translating them for Eng and Deployment teams
- Enable business groups (Eng, IT, etc) on ongoing IoT platform capabilities/services by authoring platform features/capabilities collateral/docs, wiki/knowledge base, recorded tutorials/webinars, recorded demos, platform technology stack presentations
- Define, lead and execute platform-focused community forums – online and offline
- Hands-on technical leadership, research and analysis of technology shifts and trends in the IoT, Big Data and/or Analytics/Data Science market place. Pricing and costing analysis for services being built and delivered.
Enable business groups (Eng, IT, etc) on ongoing IoT platform capabilities/services by authoring platform features/capabilities collateral/docs, wiki/knowledge base, recorded tutorials/webinars, recorded demos, platform technology stack presentations
40 Internal/External Customer engagements
40 Market/Competitive/Partners Insights
30 Roadmaps & Backlogs with development groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software leadership, product management and strategy; specifically, software areas ofexpertiserelated to Enterprise Software, SaaS, Big Data, Data Sciences, Cloud and/or Mobility, IoT
- Strong Knowledge of technologies and use cases for Big Data, Cloud-native SaaS, IoT, Analytics/Machine Learning, and/or Fog Computing
- Agile, DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Multiple cloud computing platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, CloudFoundry and related areas. Plus/Preferred: Microsoft Azure IoT, Amazon IoT, and related solutions
- Experience with more than one data streaming and batch processing technologies, and distributed messaging technologies
- Combinationof the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Storm, SQL and in-memory NoSQL databases such asHbaseand Cassandra.
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
- Experience architecting highly scalable, highly concurrent and low latency systems
- Ability to travel up to 40%, including international travel, on a regular basis
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Relocation Provided
- Extensive Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req108141
- Location: ., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.