Honeywell Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
The location for this position is Atlanta, GA
Home and Build Technologies is seeking a Project Manager for a global distributed program who not only facilitates Program Level processes and execution, escalates impediments, manage risks, and helps drive program level continuous improvement, but participate in the Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets as well. Also, the PM/release train manager (RTM) needs to help adapt Enterprise Agile practice to the organization, standardizing and documenting practices.
* Establish and communicate the schedule for Iterations and Program Increments (PI)
* Facilitate PI Planning readiness via fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and via Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
* Facilitate PI planning
* Facilitate Team PI Objectives with Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
* Assist with execution and Feature/Capability completion tracking and collect metrics
* Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the Release Train sync at the Program Level
* Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Portfolio Level
* Identify, escalate and track impediments
* Encourage the collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects, Engineering, and User Experience
* Work with Product Management, Product Owners and Release Management and support related activities
* Understand and operate within the Release Train budget
* Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
* Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
* Drive continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the program and help improve
* Encourage team level and program level continuous integration engineering and quality practices
* Coach leaders, teams and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years of experience as a Release Train Engineer/Manager or Scrum Master or Product Owner or Agile Coach or related role
* 5+ years Project Management experience
* 3+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple Scrum team projects
* Experience working with teams in multiple global locations
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified SAFe Scaled Agilist (SA) or equivalent is preferred
* Experience successfully practicing Scaled Agile concepts and best practices through delivery and production of a high-value, quality software solution
* Experience with Agile Management tools (e.g. Rally, JIRA)
* In-depth understanding of software development life-cycle, processes and procedures
* Experience with cloud-based solutions, SaaS solutions, and service oriented architecture (SOA)
* Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization
* Open collaboration mindset, working on high pressure environment
- Job ID: 00337374
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.