Honeywell IOT Software Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power ofcloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, and design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products and services.HoneywellIT is at the forefront of this change and we are looking for a team member who thrives on challenging the status quo, embraces new technology and intelligent risk taking, has a passion for innovation, is results-oriented and excels in a fast paced environment.
The IOT team will engineer contemporary architecture and services, constructing solutions that remain scalable, adaptable and replicable. Our goal is to provide a working model for our businesses to replicate to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage. As a member of the Honeywell IOT team, the candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying applications on our enterprise Internet of Things (IOT) core platform services. He/she will be part of transforming our IT organization through the delivery of our enterprise technology products and directly impact our growth. The IoT Services developer’s responsibilities will be focused on the agile development of applications that leverage IoT platform while collaborating with our IOT core services teams.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
- Review and assess product development requirements and develop feature specifications
- Develop and implement massively scalable, fault-tolerant (24x7 no downtime, highly available) IoT Platform applications
- Build highly scalable, distributed IoT applications that run in public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Create technical and configuration documentation for all users (product team members, business engineering teams) in compliance with internal and external guidelines and policies
- Identify and drive IoT platform utilization service improvements
- Work with Product Management Deployment Services to successfully deploy applications
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving IoT platform solutions
- Participate in the analysis, usability and engagement model of the IoT platform
- Participate in oversight of technology upgrade
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for teams performing developing products against the IoT platform
- Contribute to the architecture design of Honeywell’s enterprise IoT core services platform
- Continuing to remain current on the latest IoT technology
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Cloud software development experience.
- Experience withscrumteams or SW Architecture/development
- Possess solid understanding of software development fundamentals
- Experience with contemporary development tools such as Git, continuous integration, automated testing frameworks, etc
- Working knowledge of management tools such as SharePoint, Jira, Rally, Clarity PPM
- Experience working in DevOps model
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Actively collaborates with engineers and peerteams,voluntarily shares information
- Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions
- Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as a team
10% travel with the opportunity for worldwide travel
Continuous personal development
- Job ID: req93896
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.