Honeywell Technician III Transportation in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Technician III Transportation
Technician III Transportation-Job Description
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered• material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
• This is a technical position dedicated to provide direct support for the repair and maintenance of semi-trailers, tractors, and installation of mobile Communications and Navigation systems on various vehicles.
• Performs maintenance, modifications, and repairs on semi-trailers and tractors using Engineering work instructions and maintenance procedures.
• Installs mobile Communications & Navigation systems equipment on various vehicle platforms. • Performs equipment upgrades and modifications utilizing drawings, Records of Assembly, and product specifications.
• Interfaces with project engineers, customers, and other technicians on a daily basis.
• Conducts most work activities in a secured team work environment and adheres to strict safety requirements.
• Utilizes hand and power tools, electronic test equipment to perform work activities including hazardous materials handling.
• Responsible for completing project related work documentation.
• May also perform other duties as required.
Integrate innovative mechanical solutions across Honeywell. You will participate and engage in multi-disciplined preventative maintenance focused projects that support the organization's business strategies. You will have a direct impact on business unit, function and overall site success.
Grow and develop your mechanical knowledge in a team based culture focused on innovation and customer satisfaction
Support implementation of new concepts, standards and processes across functional teams
Support daily preventative maintenance actives and drive improvement in a rewarding environment
•US Citizen and ability to acquire Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
• 2 year technical degree or training from military/formal educational institution or in lieu of 2 years of education/training, will substitute a minimal of 2 years of directly applicable technical work experience.
• Experience working on semi• trailers and performing small engine repairs.
• Experience servicing and maintaining diesel equipment.
• Ability to handle explosives and other hazardous materials.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
• Ability to operate forklift equipment.
• Certified CDL driver a plus.
• Experience installing, testing, and troubleshooting mobile electronic equipment.
• Air Conditioning Servicing experience a plus.
• Ability to acquire a solder certification.
• Ability to work on a team environment.
• Ability to qualify and use an air respirator for painting.
• Computer skills (excel, word, outlook).
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Travel as needed to support operations and other business objectives.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma
- Apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of responsibility
- Significant mechanical experience
- Familiar with standard technical concepts
- Familiar with standard technical practices
- Familiar with standard technical procedures
- Ability to make decisions based on past experiences
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Job ID: req105442
- Location: ., Albuquerque, NM 87185-5250 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.