Honeywell Sr Certification Engineer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sr Certification Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
• Review/approve Systems/SW/AEH related cert documents & processes in accordance with regulations & standards
• Provide cert guidance to product groups
• Represent Honeywell in cert discussions with customer & cert authorities
• Audit design/development work performed at BendixKing (BK), other Aero sites, & subcontractor locations for part 23 &/or part 27 cert projects for compliance with regulations.
• Serve as a member of BendixKing/Aerospace product development teams; regularly communicate with program managers, lead engineers, and program personnel.
• Ensure compliance with company, customer, & regulatory policies. This is an exciting time to join Honeywell's Aerospace Product Integrity, Airworthiness, and Certification (PAAC) team in Albuquerque, New Mexico for the energetic & engaged candidate.This position will report to the PAAC Manager, MW Region with primary focus on certification of BendixKing programs, support for other Aero programs & involve responsibility/influence. The Sr Cert Engineer will interface with focals from all functional areas & with DERs/TSO Specialists. Effective communication, leadership, problem solving are skills of key importance.
40 Review/approve Systems/SW/AEH cert documents/processes
15 Provide certification guidance to product groups
15 Interface with customer & regulatory agencies.
20 Audit design/development work at BK, other Aero sites.
10 Communicate with PM's, engineers, other team members.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s of Science Engineering or related field of study.
• Extensive experience in the Avionics or Aerospace Industries.
• Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident due to contractual requirements.
- Experience working with the FAA in Part 23 and/or 27 certification projects.
- Significant knowledge of the TSO, STC, and product development processes.
- Significant knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification requirements and processes.
- Familiarity with FAA Orders, Advisory Circular (AC) and industry guidance materials.
- Familiarity with EASA and other CAAs guidance materials.
- Self-directing and willing to work with various internal and global groups
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD2053
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Albuquerque, NM 87113 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.