Honeywell Lead Security Researcher in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Lead Security Researcher
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
As part of the Honeywell Connected Vehicles (CoV), the Cyber Security team will drive security technologies, services, processes, and design patterns into cross- CoV software platforms in order to reduce cycle time, improve quality, maximize reuse and improve operational efficiency. The Senior Product Security Engineer – Lead Security Researcher reports to the Global Engineering Director and will be responsible for leading the efforts to provide core technology, knowledge, processes, and infrastructure to enable product security assessment teams and the rest of the COE from a hacker’s mindset. More than just Penetration Testing, this role will directly drive the appropriate security mindset across the Product Security team, develop Security Test Engineers, and assist as needed in high profile evaluations.
• Select, deploy, and support tools using Agile processes which are used by CoVs users including static code analysis, vulnerability scanning, and exploit validation across our entire portfolio ranging from embedded devices through mobile applications to cloud-based services
• Participate in select, high-profile assessments, demonstrations, and validations where advanced skills are needed
• Be an integral member of a development team implementing cyber security strategies and designs, and participate in the execution of the cyber security vision and roadmap
50 Implement Cyber Security Strategies
50 Technical Leadership
* YOU MUST HAVE *
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent experience
* WE VALUE *
• 2+ years as a subject matter expert in attack and threat mitigation in at least 2 of the following domains: Threat Intelligence, Reverse Engineering, Attack Techniques, Penetration Testing, Network Collection and Acquisition, Defensive Countermeasures, and Obfuscation / Encryption for Intellectual Property Protection
• Able to demonstrate security vulnerabilities and actual exploits to senior management and engineering teams
• Excellent cybersecurity capabilities and strong software engineering skills
• Understanding of security by design principles and architecture level security concepts
• Up to date knowledge of current and emerging security threats and techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities
• Certifications in security and privacy demonstrating deep practical knowledge
• Public speaking at Technical Conferences covering the SME areas
• Technical leadership in the software security field
• Strong interpersonal skills
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD6740
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9201 San Mateo Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.