Honeywell Electrical Engineer - Test Equipment in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Electrical Engineer - Test Equipment
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Performs and coordinates design, development, evaluation, analysis, and/or quality control functions on advanced and complex engineering projects; and develops solutions to technical problems specifically assigned or as they arise by applying advanced mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies. Emphasis for this position will be on design and development of tester components, software, and systems. Software design is primarily in LabVIEW and Matlab. Assesses process and equipment capabilities and establishes controls. Specifies, initiates, and coordinates acquisition of manufacturing resources and techniques. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Summary of Duties:
- Designs and/or develops new products, special instruments, and unique equipment to meet specific requirements of customer orders.
- Translates design agency concepts into production items by coordinating the activities of engineering, quality, manufacturing, and related organizations.
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs.
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
- Compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve engineering and production problems and to assure product manufacturability.
- Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends.
- Refines product definitions, based on knowledge of manufacturing capability, to assure that released designs can be produced.
- Determines acceptability of products and materials in conjunction with design agency, quality, and other affected organizations.
- Interacts with design agencies and suppliers to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, makes recommendations for and initiates the most cost effective improvements for product, test equipment, procedures, and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime.
Provides project leadership and technical guidance on complex engineering projects.
30 Plan and execute project tasks
40 Propose technical improvements
30 Present to leadership and external customers
You Must Have:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Engineering program
- Due to contractual obligations, US Citizenship is required to obtain Department of Energy Q Level security clearance
- Proven experience with design of RF components and systems.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Electrical/Systems Engineering or related technical activities, including application of advanced Electrical Engineering principles and technology related to complex technical assignments
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to conduct research and development experiments to resolve complex problems involving technical and scientific methods
- Skills to estimate set-up times, flow-times, costs of production and acceptance equipment
- Experience with compiling cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitoring performance, and preparing reports, statistics, and recommendations
- Ability to recommend new designs, design changes, and alternate designs necessary to assure product quality
- LabVIEW and Matlab programming skills
- Technical writing skills to produce reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporate these findings into formal specifications
- The proficiency to think independently and formulate conclusions consistent with the information available
- Ability to provide technical guidance, project management, and consultative services
- Experience interfacing with external customers at different levels
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req108136
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Albuquerque, NM 87185-5250 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.