Honeywell Analyst II Network in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Analyst II Network
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
In this position you will with senior network personnel to provide network infrastructure that is available, stable, and secure. This includes the evaluation, design, selection, purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of network systems, hardware and software. You will also be responsible for leading small projects for network design, development, integration and/or enhancement. Networks consist of LAN, WAN, SAN, WLAN, VoIP, RF and associated communications systems.
Summary of Duties:
- Configure, manage and monitor daily network operations to maintain and increase network effectiveness
- Troubleshoot network related issues
- Works with cyber security to maintain and monitor system security measures as well as assisting with computer security plans and documentation
- Remains aware of cyber security issues by maintaining and monitoring innovative technical solutions
- Helps troubleshooting efforts related to ISP connectivity
- Proactively identify and help resolve issues before they become critical
- Remain aware of advances and current thinking in their areas of responsibility and looks for ways to apply latest technologies for improvement to network effectiveness
- Gathers and/or develops requirements for changing business needs and helps translate them into technological solutions including the design, selection, purchase, testing, installation and documentation of network systems
- Utilize SIEM tools to search log data and perform analysis on events
- Creates and maintains scripts in the support of maintaining network infrastructure
- Evaluate and recommends networking processes, tools and/or software to be used in satisfying business and IT operational needs
- Utilize established processes for leading the planning and execution of small infrastructure projects
- Coordinates work with project delivery organization to support the successful completion of projects
- Create and/or update network systems and cable plant documentation in various systems per established processes and standards
- Participates in incident management, asset management, change management and continuous improvement of network systems
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public and the environment
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified as every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
US Citizenship required (to obtain and maintain DoE security clearance)
2 years of demonstrated experience with configuration, installation and operational support of networking components such as routers, switches, wireless access points, load balancers and firewalls
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical Science with a minimum of 30 semester hours of computer related courses or 4 years equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting firewall management
- Demonstrated experience with Ethernet, VPN (IPSec and SSL), VoIP, wireless, internet, TCP/IP and network traffic analysis via packet capture tools
- Demonstrated experience with network management troubleshooting and monitoring tools
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of cyber security concepts
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing small infrastructure projects including the design, selection, purchase, testing, installation and documentation of network systems
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining network diagrams/documentation
- Demonstrated experience scripting or knowledge of programming fundamentals
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req108049
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: ., Albuquerque, NM 87185-5250 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.